jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hub of the Day

1. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 2 years ago

Hello guys, I was just thinking about the whole hub of the day thing, and I was just wondering: to those of you who have had one of their hubs featured as the Hub of the Day, what kinds of benefits did that hub and Hubpages account in general have?

One of my goals here is to eventually have one of my hubs showcased as the Hub of the Day, so I'm just wondering about what comes with it.

Ben Blackwell

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've had three Hubs of the Day. I experienced a nice spike in traffic, mostly internal, which peaked the day it was featured, then gradually declined over the next week. No long-term traffic advantage.

I got lots of nice comments and new followers, so I met a lot of other hubbers that way. That's about the extent of it.

2. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Mine got just a little more internal traffic for a day or two. The hub does well now after about 2 years, but the traffic isn't due to the fact that is was HOD.

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 2 years ago

If your  hubs is selected as hub of the day I believe you will get an accolade in your profile and you should see more traffic to your hub internally as it will be showcased on the main page as hub of the day.

3. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 2 years ago

Thanks guys.  How much of an increase did you guys notice during the day itself and the following week?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

An extra 300-500 views for the week, maybe.

4. Heather Says profile image97
    Heather Saysposted 2 years ago

I've had seven Hubs chosen as HotD and it's always such a great day for me when that happens.  I notice a few hundred views of that particular Hub for the first day it is featured.  it usually continues to get extra traffic during the week that it's on rotation with the other HotD articles but the "extra" traffic trickles away as more days pass.  I gain a dozen or more new followers during that time.  If my HotD introduces me and my work to someone for the first time, I can also experience an influx of comments on some of my other Hubs for that day and the following day.