jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Tracking social shares of your hubs

1. Paul Maplesden profile image92
    Paul Maplesdenposted 2 years ago

Getting your hubs shared publicly via social media is a great way to drive traffic and also has a positive impact on search engine rankings. Because of this, its useful to keep track of how many times your hubs have been pinned, tweeted, liked or plussed.

I've looked at various ways of doing this, and have previously used Like Explorer - http://www.likeexplorer.com/ where you can enter an individual URL and it will tell you about how its being shared.

This can take time though as you have to input each URL manually and keep records, not fun if you have over 50 hubs!

Recently though, I have found a much more efficient way of tracking this and wanted to share it. It's a specialized search engine that takes Google results, then queries and displays social stats for each result.

You can find the search engine here: http://ctrlq.org/google/

The best way to use this is to type 'site:yourdomain.hubpages.com' into the search bar and hit enter. Replace the 'yourdomain' bit with your actual hubpages domain (so I would type in site:paulmaplesden.hubpages.com) The search engine will then show you all of the pages that Google has indexed and display social stats under each one. Note that this can take a bit of time as it does the queries, but it does provide some great insight and is the quickest way I have found of tracking these shares.

I hope you find it useful!

1. susi10 profile image95
      susi10posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for these useful tools, Paul! You have provided some great tools over a few days so thanks, they helped me a lot. big_smile

2. LongTimeMother profile image96
    LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago

Hi Paul.
    I'm wondering if perhaps you hadn't noticed the stats tool at the top of each hub ... or does your other way of doing it provide even more information?

I go to the hub, I show the stats and I can see where the majority of my traffic comes from. Facebook, mobile facebook, pins, googles from around the world etc. - divided into day, week, month and total.

Then I click on the 'search' button and it shows me what the search terms were that led traffic to that particular hub.

Likes, tweets and pins show on the right hand side of the hub itself.

1. Paul Maplesden profile image92
      Paul Maplesdenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi, yes indeed, I am aware of the tools in the hub itself, but it can take quite a while to go through lots of hubs and look at the stats of each. I only have 50 and it takes ages, I can't imagine what it would be like with over 100!

The search engine tool consolidates all of that information, so really its just there to save time.

3. LongTimeMother profile image96
    LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago

Thanks, that makes sense. I tend just to examine a couple of hubs at any given time. You are obviously far more conscientious than I am, lol. smile

4. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 2 years ago

That is pretty cool - thanks Paul.