jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Question - Can people read unpublished hubs?

1. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

I have a hub I am finishing yet when I just looked into my account is showed that it had a view.  Can people read hubs before they are published?  Doesn't seem like they can.

2. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

I don't think so - the view is yours, I reckon.

1. bgpappa profile image85
      bgpappaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I didn't realize our own views were counted.  That would explain it.  Seemed odd. Thanks.

3. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 8 years ago

I seem to remember someone saying there was a way to access unpublished hubs through a particular type of search.  It sounds weird, but this issue has come up in the past.  I don't know.  Maybe I'll try and search for your hub and see what I can find smile

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image90
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 8 years ago

Unpublished hubs can be read by those at HubPages.  They sometimes check on progress of unpublished hubs to make sure that they are appropriate and things like that.  If you work on a hub for a few days, before you publish it, it gives them an opportunity to check it out before it's published.  No big deal, that happens to me all the time.  I start working on a hub, don't get around to finishing it right away, or need to do some work on it, and the next day, I have a view or two.

5. Elena. profile image87
    Elena.posted 8 years ago

I noticed that, too.  Always thought it was HP at work.  I do hope that's what it is, not some funky searches finding hidden material or something! smile

6. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

Hubpages don't mind if you do that, do they?

I often do, as I collect links, videos, etc

1. BristolBoy profile image83
      BristolBoyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I shouldn't imagine so.  I haven't been asked about it as most of my later hubs I was creating for a week or two, and I have a couple more in the unpublished phase.

7. WHoArtNow profile image84
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

I always just assumed it was my views as I went back to edit something before I published. It's also worth noting that your hubscore will rise if you take your time doing your hub. I've published at 64 before, although I had 24 pv before I published. Big hub!

1. BristolBoy profile image83
      BristolBoyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes I think it may also be going and looking at it.  I have a couple in this stage at the moment one of which I haven't looked at for a couple of days and so it has no page views in the last 24 hours, and the one I have edited quite a lot has 4 page views.  I have also had those sort of high hubscores, when I published my Glasney Parc hub it was in the 70s!

8. ParadigmShift... profile image82
    ParadigmShift...posted 8 years ago

I thought that might be HP admin at work! I've had hubs viewed almost 20 times before it was published. I hope it's cause they liked it...

9. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the information.

10. Pest profile image60
    Pestposted 8 years ago

I feel violated!  big_smile

working