jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Cleaning Up This Hub

1. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

One of the hubs I've just written is about music backing tracks I'm creating for video games.  The problem is, with the way I have it now, the page will get very large as I add more and more.  What do you guys think I can do to de-clutter it?

I was thinking about maybe having a playlist module instead, but I'm not sure what exactly I should do?

Here is the link - http://benblackwell.hubpages.com/hub/Fr … r-Download

Thanks
    Ben Blackwell

1. chasmac profile image99
      chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Ben. Good stuff. It doesn't look cluttered as it is but I agree that it will if you add much more. Just write more hubs - Maybe group the pieces in individual hubs by theme or feel. I see you're offering these as free downloads. Who would use these? Game developers? If so, don't forget your copyright. The last thing you want is someone developing a blockbuster million dollar game using your music that you gave away free.
      A note such as "Free to download for personal or educational use. For commercial use please contact ... etc." might be worth including.

1. 0
        Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I actually don't mind if they use it commercially.  Since these videos are online and on Youtube, anyone has access to them.  I figure that the majority of people looking will be indie developers who want free resources for their small games.  In my post, I imply that I only upload the free requests, so they can pay me to make music that is just theirs.  Is there any kind of note I should make for this case?

I suppose that I will have to make more hubs as the list gets bigger.  Thanks for the advice.

1. chasmac profile image99
          chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No, I don't think you need to add a note. I think you've covered the free or commissioned options in your hubs ok. If they want you to compose something, they have to pay.  That seems clear enough.

1. 0

That's just about right.  Thanks.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why are you adding more and more?   

A Hub is not a blog!  Your followers don't get notified when you add new material to an existing Hub, so there's absolutely no point in continually adding new material to one. 

I agree with others that you'll be better off with separate Hubs.   Perhaps group clips of similar styles?

2. SpaceShanty profile image92
    SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago

I think it looks fine.

3. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

What if you separate it into several hubs?

1. 0

I do think I will do that after a while.

working