jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Cleaning Up This Hub

1. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

One of the hubs I've just written is about music backing tracks I'm creating for video games.  The problem is, with the way I have it now, the page will get very large as I add more and more.  What do you guys think I can do to de-clutter it?

I was thinking about maybe having a playlist module instead, but I'm not sure what exactly I should do?

Here is the link - http://benblackwell.hubpages.com/hub/Fr … r-Download

Thanks
    Ben Blackwell

1. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Ben. Good stuff. It doesn't look cluttered as it is but I agree that it will if you add much more. Just write more hubs - Maybe group the pieces in individual hubs by theme or feel. I see you're offering these as free downloads. Who would use these? Game developers? If so, don't forget your copyright. The last thing you want is someone developing a blockbuster million dollar game using your music that you gave away free.
      A note such as "Free to download for personal or educational use. For commercial use please contact ... etc." might be worth including.

1. profile image0
        Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I actually don't mind if they use it commercially.  Since these videos are online and on Youtube, anyone has access to them.  I figure that the majority of people looking will be indie developers who want free resources for their small games.  In my post, I imply that I only upload the free requests, so they can pay me to make music that is just theirs.  Is there any kind of note I should make for this case?

I suppose that I will have to make more hubs as the list gets bigger.  Thanks for the advice.

1. chasmac profile image98
          chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No, I don't think you need to add a note. I think you've covered the free or commissioned options in your hubs ok. If they want you to compose something, they have to pay.  That seems clear enough.

1. profile image0

That's just about right.  Thanks.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why are you adding more and more?   

A Hub is not a blog!  Your followers don't get notified when you add new material to an existing Hub, so there's absolutely no point in continually adding new material to one. 

I agree with others that you'll be better off with separate Hubs.   Perhaps group clips of similar styles?

2. SpaceShanty profile image92
    SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago

I think it looks fine.

3. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

What if you separate it into several hubs?

1. profile image0

I do think I will do that after a while.

working