jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Sharing Hubs on our Hubs

1. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

I just had an idea, and I want to know what you guys think of this.  My idea is that in this forum post, someone will leave a response and say hi; we'll call him #1.  #2 will come in, edit one of his own hubs to link to #1's hub, and leave a comment with the title of his newly edited hub.  #3 will follow in suit, and so on.  I would link to another hub by making a text box, floating it to the right, giving it a blue background, and making it a genuine thing, rather than spam.

I think this will be good because it will prevent people from posting over and over again (to avoid making their hubs look like spam), it will have to be relevant to both hubs (so that nobody makes their own hubs look bad), and it will help those who participate out in the long run.

As Matthew Meyer pointed out, all links in Hubs need to be directly related to the Hub content.  If you can't fit it in, wait until someone else posts.

If you guys think this is a good idea, let's begin.  If not, then let me know why you think not.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Some things to consider.
      All links in Hubs need to be directly related to the Hub content.
      Only some forums allow sharing of URLs including those of your Hubs or the forum thread is likely to be moderated.

1. 0
        Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What if I edit the post to just tell people to give the title of their hub they've edited instead of the link?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
          Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That could still be promotional and the bigger issue is that links exchanges are not a good idea due to any link needing to be directly related to your Hub.

2. Jodah profile image84
      Jodahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sounded like a reasonable idea to me to help get everyone's hubs seen by a wider hub page audience. i can't really see how it is overly promotional if the content is connected to or similar to the hub the link is placed on.

1. 0
        Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  Do you want to start it?  If so, I don't think I'll be able to link anything of yours on any of my hubs, but perhaps the next person will.

working