jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

My Profile Score Keeps Dropping

1. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 2 years ago

I started here about 6 months ago.  For most of that time, my score has been around 94 and 95.  It even stayed near there when I stayed away from Hubpages for a while during the college semester.  However, since the break, I've been very active here.  I've written 7 hubs, 6 of them being high-quality non-fiction (7th is a poem).  I've also participated here much more.  For some reason, however, my score is actually dropping.  Can anyone offer a possible explanation?

1. janderson99 profile image87
      janderson99posted 2 years ago in reply to this

There is something weird going on 

Anyone who is active is getting hammered down.

2. Jodah profile image87
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My score has been dropping too Ben. I got up to 94 for a few days, now down to 88 and dropping. It seems best just to ignore it, it has no basis on the quality or quantity of your writing.

3. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Exactly the same here - I deleted two featured Hubs in an effort to improve my profile score.  It helped marginally.  There just seems no rhyme or reason for this happening..  In my whole year here, I have never had a score below much below 95 and now this!

1. janderson99 profile image87
        janderson99posted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's War against the Willing  - Sad

1. donotfear profile image89
          donotfearposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I hear ya.  I had 95-100 for 3 years, then the nose dive.  I'm still in the nose-dive.

4. Rock_nj profile image91
      Rock_njposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The only thing that I've noticed that has boosted my profile score is when I publish a lot of hubs in a short period of time.  I had a score of 100 for a few weeks last year during a period in which I was publishing 2 or 3 hubs per week.  HP seems to like active users that publish a lot of material.  Also, participating in forums and questions should help, but I can't say that it definitely does help.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Because you score is affected by the average score of you hubs, writing more hubs makes that score go down (the new hubs start with lower scores).

1. kevinfream profile image82
      kevinfreamposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, since new hubs are unrated and a combination of the quality of your hubs and your contribution to the community.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image83
    LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago

I have been studying the profile score for some time trying to make heads or tails about how it works to no avail. Sometimes it rises if I participate in the forums and do nothing else. Often it drops when I do the same things that made it rise.

As others have been saying, and I think they are totally correct, once you publish and until your piece reaches a certain number of views, the score seems to hold steady or even drop. However once your hubs gain views whether they are new or old plus participation in the forums, answers, and comments, then the score seems to rise.

So; the number of views, the average score of all your hubs, participation and comments appear to be the main factors that determine your profile score with average views and hub scores carrying the bulk of the weight...............or so it seems...........hmm

4. ChicagoPhotos profile image82
    ChicagoPhotosposted 2 years ago

Because it is all the Riff-raff you hang out with!  I'm dragging your score down. smile

5. blueheron profile image96
    blueheronposted 2 years ago

My score just got bumped up a point, after dropping (because I hadn't put anything up lately, I think). The bump happened when I put up a new hub. A really lengthy one.