jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

HP Ads Revenue Cut in Half?

1. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 2 years ago

I have noticed that my traffic has stayed the same or gone slightly up this month, but my day to day earnings on the HP Ad program is steadily going down.
    And only one figure has the * beside it so I am assuming all the rest are correct.
    I thought HP Ads were impression based.
    If so, why would my profits have been cut in half since the 4th of this month with more traffic?
    Are the advertisers not paying as much this month?

1. snakebaby profile image72
      snakebabyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Same here. View count increased yet earnings decreased, kind of like cut in half or more. Earnings were just about the same or even higher when the view count was half of what I have now a while ago. Something has definitely changed for worse, in my situation.

sabrebIadeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well I am watching it fall further and further.
        If this doesn't improve in a few days I'm going to have to switch back to straight AdSense it looks like.

2. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I know it can be frustrating to see ad rates go down.  Ad rates are cyclical; fourth quarter (October, November, December) CPMs are the highest of the year.  You are free to test using only AdSense; maybe your fellow Hubbers can give you an insight into how it's worked for them when they have tested this.  In most cases, HP Ads do better.  smile

sabrebIadeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well they usually run neck and neck with me.
        Right now for January there is a $2.00 difference for me between HP Ads and AdSense.
        But I have had HP Ads beat straight AdSense before.
        I just started back on HP Ads last year because AdSense alone was doing so badly and I wanted to give them a try.

2. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 2 years ago

Yes my CPM is quite low at present too.  I think it was higher before Christmas because of high demand for advertising in the run up to Christmas. 

January is a slow month for retailers so there is less demand for advertising and therefore advertisers are having to pay less for advertising space (supply and demand).