jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (22 posts)

Evolving story

1. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

Since this is the games section, I thought I'd start a game.  This is the evolving story game.  Leave a post and make your contribution to the story.  Let's try to keep everything linear (instead of branch replies, leave everything on the first level).

Once upon a time...

1. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 3 years ago

..in a land not too unlike this one...

2. tsadjatko profile image90
      tsadjatkoposted 3 years ago

Ben opened the book and he read "The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." As Ben began to read the book he stopped and got up to lock his bedroom door. He feared what repercussions might ensue if his parents discovered him reading The Book.

3. Muttface profile image91
      Muttfaceposted 3 years ago

And then he realised he hadn't eaten in several days, so he went to the kitchen and opened the fridge.

4. profile image0

And ate a great feast of all different kinds of foods, even ones that aren't normally in the fridge.  Then...

5. Muttface profile image91
      Muttfaceposted 3 years ago

he stopped suddenly. Why had the dog been in the fridge?
      Oh well...

6. Kiwi Max profile image71
      Kiwi Maxposted 3 years ago

The dog shivered with cold & its tiny dark nose had a small coat of frosting. Ben took him out & rushed him outside to lay in the sun.

1. Jodah profile image86
        Jodahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The big brown eyes looked up at the boy in gratitude. The dog shook, and droplets of water and ice showered Ben.

7. profile image0

Then, Ben thought about the book again.

8. tsadjatko profile image90

Then he realized he left the bedroom after he locked the bedroom door and wondered how he did that without unlocking the door, and then he awoke ... he was in bed with The Book in his hand...he had fallen asleep while reading it...leaving the bedroom, the kitchen, the fridge, the dog, it was all just a weird dream.

9. 2uesday profile image84
      2uesdayposted 3 years ago

The strangest thing was that the pages of the book were now blank. All the words that had disappeared from the pages of the book were now rearranged and displayed on the surface of the walls of his room.

10. tsadjatko profile image90

Ben was startled! He pinched himself to make sure he wasn't still dreaming ...

11. Kiwi Max profile image71

This was real, the words remained on the wall. He began reading the first passage.

1. Jodah profile image86

As soon as he had finished reading a passage it disappeared and other text seemed to move up and replace it. Something incredible was happening.

12. tsadjatko profile image90

Ben was mesmerized by the chapter and verse appearing and disappearing as he read them. Then it happened. There was a knock at his bedroom door...

13. WriterJanis profile image74
      WriterJanisposted 3 years ago

How in the world would he explain the words on the wall? He had to think quickly.

14. Kiwi Max profile image71

Before Ben could react, a spectral hand reached towards him as it passed through the door. The body followed and soon Ben stared at the eyes of the ghostly figure.

15. agvulpes profile image89
      agvulpesposted 3 years ago

But when Ben cleared the fog from his eyes he could see it was his Mother, heck he knew she had been sick for a while but today she looked like Hell...

16. tsadjatko profile image90

Which reminded Ben, the whole reason he started to read The Book was that a friend of his told him that it explained heaven and hell and how to go to heaven and how to avoid going to hell.

1. Jodah profile image86

"Um...what's up Mom?" he asked a little nervously, wondering what she'd say about all the writing on the walls of his room. But he was relieved when she didn't seem to see it. "I just came to tell you dinner's ready. You want to come down and join us?"

1. celestedcox profile image61
          celestedcoxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ben slowly shook his head. "Um, no thanks. I think I got that sickness you had." His mom frowned at him. "Sickness? What sickness? I feel perfectly fine." She smiled wide but her eyes didn't so much as budge. They were still puffy and bloodshot from her cold. How could she possibly feel fine?

17. tsadjatko profile image90

Puzzled Ben said, "I ummmm, I meant Dad...well I'm just not feeling hungry right now. Can you save a little for me to eat later? Yeah I'll be down later, can you put it in the frig?"  His mother replied, "Ok, Ben I'll put what's left over in the frig for later but you know dog meat doesn't taste good cold. Tell me when and I'll heat it up for you honey."
      As soon as Ben heard that he suddenly recalled the dream he just had where he hadn't eaten in several days when he went to the kitchen and opened the fridge and the dog came out of the frig. A chill went up his spine and then he blurted out "Wait mom, wait, I changed my mind...I'll come down and eat with you now."

working