jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

New to HubPages :); two questions

1. deannedegrandpre profile image59
    deannedegrandpreposted 3 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8640446_f520.jpg
    I'm new to HubPages and would love to get just a couple of questions answered--the documentation is a bit confusing sometimes. Is a "Hub" an article? Or, do I create a "Hub" of my own by writing many articles for my "Hub" category? Also, re: affiliate advertising...I signed up for everything, but I cannot figure out how to get ads to show on my "Featured" article. Feeling lost, Deanne

1. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hiya deanne, welcome to hubpages! Yes it can be a bit confusing. Each article is known as a Hub. And the Adverts will automatically be put on your hub after the staff check it out within 24 hours. You will get paid for your 'click on ads' if you join Google adsense and/or Hubpages Ads. Just check out the learning centre on here, it will explain it better, okay? Good luck!

deannedegrandpreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Nell Rose!! I appreaciate the welcome and tip. BTW, do we pick the type of ads to run on HubPages, or do we do so on the Advertiser's pages?

1. Nell Rose profile image90
          Nell Roseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry I didn't see your comment. no the ads are automatic, just join google adsense, or hub ads. the ads are based on your topic, so make sure you write lots of keywords in your first paragraph, but don't go mad with them! lol! for example, for food or recipes, write cooking, fruit etc

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As stated above, a Hub is an article. HubPages ad program ads and Adsense ads appear automatically. Ads for Amazon and eBay need to be added using the capsules available while you are creating, or editing a Hub.

deannedegrandpreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes! The capsules! Thank you, Anna!

2. Kiwi Max profile image80
    Kiwi Maxposted 3 years ago

Hi Deanne,

Welcome to Hubpages!

To answer your first question, a hub is an article smile

Regarding the second, I'm not sure but I would assume they appear on their own after you signed up for Google AdSense Program.

3. deannedegrandpre profile image59
    deannedegrandpreposted 3 years ago

Thank you so much! I love that someone actually read my plea and offered advice! I may become addicted to this place.

working