jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

HubberScore more closely reflects the Hubscore for your Hubs

1. janderson99 profile image87
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

There are several recent threads reporting major drops in scores:

It appears to mostly affect people who have been active lately, adding new hubs, deleting non-performers, or editing others to improve them. Inactive hubbers appear to be unaffected. Has HP changed the rules? Is it a Bug? If it's a bug, when will it be fixed? If scores are going to be downgraded would HP consider changing the 'nofollow' threshold from 85 to 75.

Some feedback from this, apart from reference to the LC would be be appreciated. Thanks.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The way in which HubberScore was changed some time ago.
      We are not aware of any bug with the system.

The thing to remember  is that HubberScore now more closely reflects the quality assessments of your Hubs done by the QAP.

1. janderson99 profile image87
        janderson99posted 2 years ago in reply to this

OK, I am well aware of that change. However, many people have reported sudden drops recently. I have a large number of hubs and so my average hub score is not affected by a few changes. Yet my score dropped from 92 to 86 recently. Lots of people are reporting the same thing - sudden drops for no apparent reason. Please check the threads and see whether there is a bug. It only appears to affect authors who are active, especially those who have edited hubs recently. Something has happened - either an update or a bug. Thanks for your help. Cheers.

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
          Jean Bakulaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I haven't been writing here much, as I don't want to have to keep changing what is here. But I used to notice a big drop in my hubber score if I didn't post in a week or so. Now I only come on to read the forums and such, but so far my score has not changed.

I know you are active though, and it can get discouraging when you are working hard and that mysterious score goes down. I've gone back to hub hopping, just to see who's writing what lately. Sometimes just spending a little more time doing stuff like that helps (though I suspect you contribute to that too). Most of my content is stuff that doesn't change much, so I don't update much either. Hang in there, it usually goes back up!

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

The way it was calculated was changed a few months back now. But as usual we have no idea as to exactly how it is calculated which means that for many it can actually be a de-motivator as we do what we think is right and the score drops..

That being said it appears to me that the main things that affect your hubber score are the scores of your individual hubs and your traffic.

However hub scores seem to fluctuate without any reason or changes being made (maybe due to being rated). Hubber score seems to be far more stable, changing maybe only once a week where once before it was changing almost hourly...

Personally I don't worry too much about it. Even for no or do follow links it will make little difference in the long run with google - google are unlikely to consider a link from a free to use site like HP as a "quality" link.

If Google keeps sending me traffic and I keep getting paid each month I am happy.......