jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Thanks HP for moderating links

1. 0
    sheilamyersposted 2 years ago

I guess "moderate" is the correct word. I signed into my account today and as I was checking to see how my newest hub rated, I found notices that two of my older hubs had broken links. I'm not sure why they worked weeks ago and not now, but I'm glad I was able to easily find them and get them fixed. Yes - I'm a little OCD when it comes to making sure everything is the best it can be. So I want to thank HP for giving us a way to know when something about a hub needs edited so everything seems more professional.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Keeping track of links can be a pain and I appreciate that Hubpages catches them too. Sites seem to close doors often.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I so agree with you, Sheila. Those notices really have helped me to keep on top of the quality of my hubs. HP helps a lot to keep me organized and I really appreciate it.

3. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It is a useful tool!  I'm glad you found it helpful.  Have a great day!  smile

4. brakel2 profile image87
      brakel2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I had two photo broken links and learned if something is wrong with the capsule, it will have a broken link. I do appreciate this attention to links.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 2 years ago

I had about two dozen links not working today and nearly all of them had changed to new Internet addresses. Took a while to find all th enew ones.

3. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 2 years ago

This is a good thing, and it has helped me out a few times as well.

4. 61
    MerneyDenposted 2 years ago

Good thing ah ,Sometimes I encounter such a thing too.

5. tillsontitan profile image89
    tillsontitanposted 2 years ago

It certainly is helpful.  Who would have time to go back and make sure all links were working?  We even get broken links when hubbers remove their work, how would we ever know?
    Thank you HP!

1. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It is a lot of work to check the links yourself. When I had my own website, I often used a program to check all the links, but it often missed some of the broken ones. So at least once a month, I sat down and manually checked every link. Since AdSense penalizes hubbers for clicking on their own links, it would be impossible to manually check them without consequences. Yet another great advantage to having HP monitor them and report them to us.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I stopped putting links to other Hubbers' work in my Hubs a long time ago, for this exact reason. I was getting tired of having to fix broken links every time someone deleted a Hub.

1. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I never thought about that. So far the only links I have to places within HP is to a couple of hubber profiles and those because the hubs I wrote were interviews with novelist who also write here at HP.