jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Align Text

1. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

It is very strange that we don't have the ability to align text to the center or right.  To be quite frank, it comes off as quite unprofessional that a writing platform in 2014 does not have this capability.  If there is a reason that this was done intentionally, I can't think of it.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HubPages' flush left / ragged right margins are standard in online print.

I can see why you might want these options available for poetry.  The problem is, some users abuse formatting options. So HP tends to limit what people can do style-wise.  If they allowed color, we'd have nearly unreadable hubs written in rainbow letters by users who don't know any better.

1. profile image0
        Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What about allowing it in only the poetry section?

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
          calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's a good suggestion. Currently the Hub editor doesn't distinguish between category types, so it's not the easiest option to implement. They don't want people to format regular hubs with centered text like the Time Cube guy

[URL redacted]

I can't speak for HubPages, but since poetry is only a small part of the site and not a real money maker, I don't think expanding formatting options for poets is a priority.  You can always do this on Blogger or you own site.

working