jump to last post 1-26 of 26 discussions (59 posts)

What other things , You know beside writing.?

1. erorantes profile image36
    erorantesposted 3 years ago

I like to cook.   Baking is my favorite thing.  I like eating  the fresh bread .  I like to add fruits to my bake bread. If it is too hot. I add some ice cream. And it taste good?

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

lol. You are so cute. Those are all good things.
      I write and sing music. I like to cook too... kind of.
      I'm good with numbers, but not math. I like people and their stories. I like to read. smile

1. erorantes profile image36
        erorantesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Beth for your answer. You are kind .lol

2. nArchuleta profile image94
        nArchuletaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What do you do with numbers if not math? J/W!

1. profile image0

Sorry, I missed this yesterday. I have a weird ability to memorize numbers. I see/hear them like a musical picture. It wasn't very useful until I began working at a grocery store where you have to learn at least 100 codes. I left one company and started with a new one where I had to retain 3/4 of the old codes and learn a new set. It's not much to brag about obviously... kind of like wiggling your ears, which I can't do. I can arch one eyebrow, and I really should have bragged about that. lol

1. Solaras profile image90
            Solarasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Interesting - Kandinsky could hear the colors of his paintings - they were a musical symphony for him.

1. profile image0

Nothing so geniusy on my part... probably has to do with learning to count measures in music at a young age or something like that... I don't know. I think a lot of ppl have this ability.

1. chasmac profile image98
                chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Beth - I think you have synesthesia - the ability to associate some senses with others, or to put it in wikipedia's fancy terms: "a neurological phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway."
                I have it too to an extent. With me it's letters have individual colours and if I think of a word, I automatically see it in my mind's eye written out. I think that's why my spelling ability is pretty good - although I had to check that I was seeing 'synesthesia' correctly ;-)
                I bet you could find uses for it more useful than grocery codes.

1. profile image0

Huh, that's interesting. It is some kind of association thing. I see the numbers in my head like a picture and hear them like music, but it's not hugely remarkable. IE, it's subtle, not some kind of Beautiful Mind kind of thing. lol
                  Your thing sounds interesting... I cannot imagine colors being involved with an association of letters. There are so few basic colors and 26 letters. I would be interested in understanding how it works for you. smile

edit, An interesting side note maybe... when I get stressed, I count. It used to drive me crazy, but it's not so bad anymore. It's like a way to distract myself, but mostly only associated with walking... counting my steps.

1. chasmac profile image98
                    chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Actually most of my letters' colours aren't that pretty and some are the same. C and P are both pure white. T is a cold dark blue, A is a very light blue - almost white. B is a warm Reddish brown and a bit speckly. The first letter colours the whole word so BETH is much the same colour as B - but the TH at the end is less warm and colourful than the BE. Weird eh? I'm pleased to know that your's is just as weird - er I mean 'special' :-)

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
            DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hahaha, Beth!!

..I can arch one eyebrow--but not the other!  LOL
            I suck at numbers, period--in fact, I'm a bit dyslexic with numbers.  This has occasionally gotten me into trouble in my checkbook....

1. profile image0

I have tried to arch the other eyebrow and can't do it either. If I hold one down, I can lift the other up. I always find it bizarre. Like one eyebrow has been working out my whole life and the other is completely atrophied.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92

Exactly!  LOL

1. profile image0

If we stand next to each other, we make one really angry woman or one really surprised one. smile

ROFL--does this count as "having too much time on our hands?"  Hee hee hee

2. bethperry profile image88
      bethperryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I know how to make love pretty well, and read palms and my secret recipe for spaghetti sauce is pretty darned good!

3. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When I'm not writing, I love to read. If the weather is nice, I like to walks through the woods and try to spot wildlife.

4. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I love to sketch.  I sketch fashions and people.  I also love to read books, preferrably spiritual, new age, psychological, astrological, sociological, and historical books.   My favorite authors are Dr. Wayne W. Dyer and the late David Hawkins, Ph.D., M.D.  I love to watch History Channel programs.  I also love to cook when I am in the mood.  I love to dance and to take 2 hour baths.
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8584031_f248.jpg

5. amiebutchko profile image95
      amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I like being with my family, watching my favorite episodes of tv, and sometimes being a complete recluse!  I just love my home, where I don't have to get all socially nervous!!!!!!!!  But, occasionally, I love to go out with good friends toast to our beautiful lives; no matter how hard they can be!

6. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I like to draw, and I did page layout and graphics for print for many years.

2. nArchuleta profile image94
    nArchuletaposted 3 years ago

I like hockey. I'm an Avs fan. In fact, when I'm too burnt out from writing all day, I make what I personally think are Made-for-Pinterest images for my Hockeygrrls blog on Blogger. I mean, I put a cowboy hat on John Tavares -- how cute is that? I'm also addicted to Tumblr.

I recently re-started crochet again. Ahh... chase the cat around so we can BOTH lose our Christmas weight? Oh, right, flamenco. Speaking of, I'm late for class!

3. a beautiful mess profile image91
    a beautiful messposted 3 years ago

I sure wish I could cook!! I love doing anything with radio... I work at 2 radio stations, and I have my own show on one. It's exciting!

4. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 3 years ago

I love love love to cook. My husband always tell me my calling was in the kitchen. I also, love to take care of my kids. Yes, they do seem to drive me nuts all of the time. However, I still love to watch them grow and make them happy just the same. Also, I love my home business. It is slowly kicking off. I have a few loyal customers. It is still fun, in the way that I can make a little extra money by doing stuff that I love.

5. ronbergeron profile image91
    ronbergeronposted 3 years ago

I don't like to cook, but I DO like to eat. If I'm not working (which, between making changes and checking the status of my 100+ servers) I like to read. I like historical biographies (presidents, military leaders, industrial leaders, etc) as well as fiction. Stephen King is a BIG favorite.

1. profile image0

Im watching a series now called Haven based on the SK novel The Colorado Kid. I don't like horror, but so far it's not very scary.

6. ardhendudey profile image60
    ardhendudeyposted 3 years ago

I like to watch Hollywood action and Si-fic movies. I am a movie freak. Whenever I have some time, I try to watch some great movies. Few movies I love to watch many times, like Jumanji, Lion Heart, King Kong, Rambo etc. Is there anyone who can suggest me some great movies?

One of my all-time favorite movies is sort of a cross between sci-fi/ paranormal and romance.
      I've actually watched it several times, and each time, I'm left with a "chicken-or-the-egg" type puzzled feeling.
      The movie?  "Somewhere In Time" with Christopher Reeves.  (and I THINK it was also Helen Hayes...been a while since I last watched it.)

1. profile image0

I knew from the description what movie it was going to be. I didn't know it was a remake. I saw the one in the 80s, I don't know how many times.

7. profile image60
    hardy2gposted 3 years ago

I am a real estate agent by day and i truly love what i do. One of my main hobbies outside of writing is playing chess. I love the game very much so. It is mentally stimulating and a lot can be learnt strategically within the game that can be applied to life in general

8. slackermom profile image81
    slackermomposted 3 years ago

I also love to cook..Although I don't like having to clean up the mess afterward. I like reading and drawing too. But i think what I do is more like doodling than drawing but who cares??? lol

9. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

I love collecting vintage items, photography nature,and research medical articles.

10. Solaras profile image90
    Solarasposted 3 years ago

I like to cook and eat! Love Downton Abbey and of course Border Collies

11. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 3 years ago

I like arts & crafts-- especially scrapbooking.

I like going to Disney World (I live very close to it so we will go for the afternoon or evening).

I like herb gardening and collecting different kinds of coleus plants.

1. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I love Photography, Crafts, Sewing, Cooking, Gardening, Foreign Movies, Travel and Nature.

12. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I am a repository of useless trivial knowledge regarding comic books, hard rock/heavy metal music, "The Simpsons" and B-Movies. I pick up most of this useless info by reading lots of biographies of filmmakers/musicians.

I can also do pretty decent voice impressions of several Simpsons characters, esp. Homer, Chief Wiggum and Apu.

1. profile image0

Can you do the superintendent? Ive got a thing for him. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-yTpaESzkU
      This is my favorite scene of his.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
        FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"SKIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN-ERRRRRRRR!" - how's that?

1. profile image0

lol

13. AliciaC profile image96
    AliciaCposted 3 years ago

I enjoy exploring and studying nature, taking photographs, reading many types of books and listening to many types of music.

14. ThompsonPen profile image85
    ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago

Ooh! I like this!
    I also love that you put in there that you like to eat fresh bread.
    I would like to write first what I find to be romantic ideas - and by that, I don't mean romantic in the sense of a date, or something specifically to share with a significant other, but an appealing, pleasing idea.
    Fresh bread definitely is part of my perfect idea for a picnic. Enjoying warm french bread, red wine, fruit and good cheese in a park on a sunny afternoon.
    Living in a river boat somewhere beautiful in Europe.
    Things I enjoy - you know, besides writing wink :
    I love love love making coffee. And I don't mean drip coffee - that's just silly. I really enjoy everything about a proper espresso machine, and so far, the only espresso machines I have liked are commercial ones. I enjoy trying to create the perfect creme, the perfect foam, heat it just right without burning it or using the thermometer.
    I enjoy cooking, as do many of you. But along side of my joy of cooking, I really like to take things out of my diet to see how my body reacts to it, while trying to find new ways of getting the nutrients I was getting from that food item or group. For example, taking out meat and trying to be sure I still get all my proteins and vitamin B's. Or taking out gluten and being sure I get my Vitamin Pasta (I've been known to suffer from pasta deficiency wink )
    I enjoy gardening, the feel of dirt between my fingers, and the love of watching things grow, day by day. However, I have little experience in that matter, and generally don't like to build things, which hinders my gardening experience.
    I like to carve pumpkins, but after that won't touch them. I limit myself to never getting to carve pumpkins without some one else promising they'll dispose of it. Don't know why I can't seem to do it myself.
    I love traveling, though generally I only travel to North Wales. My grandmother lives there, and I'm pretty close to her, considering I live 6600 miles away. I would feel guilty if I went to Europe and didn't see her, since I'd be so close. So until visiting my grandmother isn't an option, my vacations abroad will have to be spent there.

I have a feeling I like other things. I'm sure my likings are not so limited. I might expand more on this later

15. ThompsonPen profile image85

...wait a second! This is actually a social experiment to see how much people like talking about themselves, isn't it?

16. ThompsonPen profile image85

smile

17. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I know tai chi (practicing over 10 years), I make spa gift baskets, I like to cook. I write about all of it. smile

18. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 3 years ago

Just this week I was asking myself the same thing and realize I am selling myself short, whereas I could be earning from other skills I have.

I think I am a better cook than I am a writer. I also worked in the health and fitness industry for a long time as a Personal Trainer and Martial Arts Instructor and  am very good at those. I taught Nutrition and Biology at as well so I am good at teaching in general.

In terms of hobbies, I don;t see writing as a hobby that's why I compared it to the other professions I had, but I love tennis, organizing stuff, gardening, web design, illustration and so forth.

19. profile image59
    Junaid Feroozposted 3 years ago

I can do programming but a little

20. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Dizzy & Beth......Well, ladies.....move over!  I CAN raise one eyebrow at a time.  I'll have you know I get requests to entertain with that talent.....(OMG, I think we all need a productive hobby besides HP)
    Besides writing, I do enjoy reading, Yoga & Pilates, sewing....actually love to sew, taking my dog to the park to play and feed the birds, watching Movies, going to Live Theatre Productions, Having my summer-long Yard/Tent Sale, spoiling my grandchildren, and 2 Full-Treatment-Spa appointments per year, to spoil myself!   
    There's a boat load more....but you're probably napping by now!ZZZZZZZZZZ..........

1. profile image0

Great. Another reason for me to do my self affirmations today.
      Show off.

1. fpherj48 profile image77
        fpherj48posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Beth....Some of us got it Baby, some don't.  I have enrolled you with "Inspirations for Each Day."  Never give up the struggle!

1. profile image0

*fist in the air*

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92

LOL!  Oh, dear me!  I'll have to learn to wiggle my nose or something!  lol

1. fpherj48 profile image77
        fpherj48posted 3 years ago in reply to this

IZZY......Elizabeth Montgomery ("Bewitched") beat you to it........I'm sure there's something interesting you could learn to wiggle.....have faith!

21. spartucusjones profile image90
    spartucusjonesposted 3 years ago

I know a lot about music and I know a lot of useless trivia in connection with it. I am also interested in the historical developments of music. I also compose intentionally bad music as part of my musical side project. Other than that I know how to rock a luchador mask and $5 poncho!

22. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

I like to think I know a little bit about a lot. I read and learn about a variety of different things.

23. profile image60
    Clipping-Pathposted 3 years ago

I like Graphics Designing & Web Developing beside my writing.... I love to design my own site. smile

24. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image63
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 3 years ago

I like to travel, listen music and reading. I also love gardening and wish to grow vegetables.

25. akhildev143 profile image82
    akhildev143posted 3 years ago

Reading tongue

26. ktnptl profile image54
    ktnptlposted 3 years ago

I am an IT consultant besides writing for fun.

working