jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Views in one day fluctuation?

1. lilcupcake profile image83
    lilcupcakeposted 3 years ago

I've noticed my views for the current day (it hasn't been just today, it's been happening) change a lot, and they even go down? I would expect them to stay the same or go up with each update. so my question is, is each update only the views with in the update time frame or the views of the entire day? If it's the entire day, I don't understand how they could be going down with each update...

Example, today when i first got on this morning i checked my views and i had 17 total for today. now it's saying I only have 10?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's because HP does not supply the daily views.  They supply the number of views in the past 24 hours - as time passes older ones, now past 24 hours old, are deleted and new ones are added as appropriate. 

The only column on the stats page that should never go down is the "ever" column.

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Actually, those can go down, too. HP snuck in and deleted 15K of mine last year. lol

2. lilcupcake profile image83
    lilcupcakeposted 3 years ago

hmm So then what's the best way for me to know (or have an estimated idea) of how many views I'm getting in one day? Add up all the views HP does give me?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Google analytics.  Sign up on the "earnings"; "settings" page.  It is not only much more accurate, it is designed around a calendar day (PST as I recall) and it gives MUCH more information.

If you have not already, sign up soon.  It takes time for analytics to gather much of the information it can give you - weeks or months in some cases.

1. lilcupcake profile image83
        lilcupcakeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

big_smile Thank you! Again!

2. KDomingo profile image91
      KDomingoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The best way in my opinion is to check anytime after 10pm, right after the last view update of the day. They don't update your views until, I think, around 6am or 7am.

That's what I do, but you can also just check during the same hour every day (like every day at 1pm, whatever is most convenient) and, if you do that, you will have the number of views from yesterday at 1pm (or at whatever hour you choose) which will be a 1 day (24 hour) period.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Or you can just go to earnings and see the total for every day since you joined, excluding the current one

working