jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

DNS Failure

1. glassvisage profile image83
    glassvisageposted 2 years ago

I looked at my Broken Links, and all of a sudden I have quite a few broken links with the note that there was a DNS Failure and the pages cannot be found. I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this recently, since I've never seen this before and I was surprised by the sheer number of broken links featuring this message.

Is this something that maybe I should wait out before deleting all of these pages from my Hubs? Maybe it's just a momentary issue with those pages or with HubPages?

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The typical cause of a DNS failure is that the domain name of the site you linked to is no longer registered or the site is no longer being operated or maintained.  It *could* be a temporary technical issue, so if you think that's likely for a particular link, you could wait few days and retest it first.  But, in the vast majority of cases those links are probably not ever going to work again.

2. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I had four of those last week. Instead of waiting to see if it was a technical problem with the website, I Googled the site and changed the link from a specific page to the link to the site's homepage. I think some site's post pages for specific information and later remove the page once that information is no longer pertinent to the site.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Yes, I have a whole heap of broken link warnings overnight (about 8-9).  Will give it a day to see if it goes away before leaping to fix them.

3. glassvisage profile image83

Thank you so much for this information! It is very helpful smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Life is a DNS failure...

5. tsadjatko profile image87
    tsadjatkoposted 2 years ago

6. glassvisage profile image83