jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

What's the name of that website ....?

1. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 3 years ago

You write a paragraph and share it, then you get paid per share.  You can post pictures or whatever, link back to your article at Hubpages. 

Rats!

I cannot think of it & I have an account there!  (Lyme brain)

Not Squiddo, or whatever, but some other name.  Man, it's on the tip of my tongue!  Driving me nuts!

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Its not Redgage is it?

2. janshares profile image90
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Reddit?

3. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I can only think of one site that pays for small content, but pays per like, view, comment and social share and that would be Bubblews. As long as your hub has relevant content, I do believe you can link to it within the content of your post there.

However, for sharing photos with links, Pinterest is good, but no pay there.

4. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There used to be a website called "She Says" or something like that. I joined but didn't do anything. You write a post of 250 words (I think) and post a link back to the original article. I'll find out the name and let you know but I swear I believe it's SheSays but can't find it in search.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
      LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Try http://shetoldme.com/ but beware it's no longer a free site.

2. vocalcoach profile image92
    vocalcoachposted 3 years ago

Could it be "Stumbelupon" ?  This is a good website for sharing and you just copy and paste.

1. vocalcoach profile image92
      vocalcoachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can't copy and paste on Bubblews.  Against the rules.

1. donotfear profile image91
        donotfearposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"....there are guidelines or +Terms that do not allow for +Copy-and-Pasting articles or information to your +Bubblews-postings unless you own the copyright to the information or have expressed permission to do so and use proper citations and give credit to the source.

3. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 3 years ago

I remember it....it's Bubblews!!

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

lol. I wondered if that's what you meant, but I figured you'd get there eventually. I love this thread. The title cracks me up. It's the way we women over 40 arrive at every answer we can't remember...

"What's the name of that actor that was in that movie with the girl who has big teeth?"
      "You mean Julia Roberts?"
      "Yes, he played her husband or boss or something. Remember? And he is into some far eastern religious thing?"
      "Buddhism?"
      "Yes! And his hair is really gray now and his eyes are squinty when he smiles?"
      "Richard Gere?"
      "Yes! That's him! I think... wait, was he in that dog movie....?"
      "Which one?"
      "The one with the pretty girl, that was on that show with all those friends?"
      "Friends?"
      "Yes! What was her name?"
      "Jenifer Anniston?"
      "Is that her name? I don't remember... Her dad was the Greek soap opera actor?"  etc. etc.

lol... It's like every conversation with my mom and grandmother and now me I suppose.

1. janshares profile image90

ha ha ha, lol, true dat, Beth37. I have those conversations with myself. See my poem on memory and multitasking.

2. GA Anderson profile image86
        GA Andersonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh my, that sounds just like a conversation with my wife!

Except that she ALWAYS eventually comes up with the name. I watch as she goes through the alphabet, (mentally of course - but I can see the wheels turning), until she gets it.

She does have a habit worse than that conversation though...

She says, "who was that that........"

Then she starts hand gesturing, (not charades type gesturing that might have some association to the name), and looks at me frustratingly when I don't understand what the hell she is trying to say!
        Two hours later she will come back and say, "Julie Roberts! I told you that is who it was!"

ah, the joys of married life.

GA

1. profile image0
          Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

hahaha... I enjoyed that very much... maybe b/c I can relate to it. Sometimes I panic when I am out and about, I realize I can't think of a name, I don't have a computer on my lap and Google will not be coming to my rescue.

2. janshares profile image90

Ha ha ha, funny GA. that was good.

4. Alphadogg16 profile image87
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

I think your talking about Teckler...

5. DonnaCaprio profile image59
    DonnaCaprioposted 3 years ago

So funny...and familiar! This happens to often to me. Bravo to you for reaching out.

working