jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Editor's Choice Hubs

1. muzzster profile image84
    muzzsterposted 3 years ago

Where can i view my editor's choice hubs on hubpages.com? I can only find the hub of the day section and what benefit is there of having an EC hub?

2. smartknowledge profile image84
    smartknowledgeposted 3 years ago

I have noticed that EC hubs are featured on the site of your main dashboard, and my guess is that they receive more promotion and subsequently more views. Would love to have one!

muzzsterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the help smartknowledge. It just motivates one to have an EC hub, hope you get one too. Don't forget to nominate one of your hubs which you think is worthy and you may end up with one. Best of luck!

3. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 3 years ago

Don't worry if none of your hubs are EC. They are basically an experiment by HP,  checking to see if putting hubs back onto the main domain do better than those on individual subdomains.
    It is true they only choose hubs which meet their high criteria and if you think any of yours fit the bill, you can nominate them to staff.
    They don't get extra promotion. The main HP platform is far more powerful than individual subdomains, with a much higher page rank. Hubs should do better there, but not always.

Thank you for the answer IzzyM. Interesting as my EC hub didn't see any significant rise in traffic once nominated so i guess it's not a win-win situation.

4. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image88
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 3 years ago

I decided to opt out of the EC scheme just over a month ago and it’s made very little difference to the traffic to my hubs. Those that were EC and had good traffic continue to have it and those that were EC and had poor traffic (the majority) also continue not to have much traffic.

I think the key is to just to keep writing about things that interest you and the traffic will grow organically. Don’t worry too much about the EC scheme. As IzzyM says it is still very much an experiment.

On the other hand .... Having a Hub of the Day is great! That has made a huge difference to the hubs chosen.

Thank you Beth. I have made the same observation, was just curious to hear the same from others so that i did not feel as if it was happening just with me. Hope i get Hub of the Day which indeed has a benefit.

5. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 3 years ago

A few months ago I opted out of EC because one of my hubs started losing traffic.  I decided to test the thing again since some people were reporting good news. The same hub which suffered is suffering again. HP has also chosen one of my best traffic hubs as EC and I am watching closely to see if that hubs will suffer as well.

Interesting that getting an EC status actually caused the hub to lose traffic, that's a first for me. Thanks for sharing!

6. JRScarbrough profile image87
    JRScarbroughposted 3 years ago

I have two hubs chosen and there really is no traffic change. All it does is put the hub back on the main domain and makes you feel like you accomplished something. It’s a nice thing to have but relies on actually being nominated by someone (I think). So don’t worry if nobody has nominated one of yours. Just because none of your hubs have been chosen does not mean none are worthy.

Having an EC hub just makes you happy i guess and motivates you to keep on writing. Thank you for sharing.

working