jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

RESOLVED: Problems with browser: try clearing cache

1. zeke2100 profile image86
    zeke2100posted 3 years ago

When I start a new hub in Google Chrome, it takes me to the page where I can add 'capsules' and then when I attempt to edit my text capsule, it shows me the bottom 80% of the capsule. Okay, so I start typing, and I can see the text but not the top part. I can't save it and can't exit out of it.

I try scrolling up and still can't see the top part of the text capsule, it still is hidden when I try to go to full screen. This has happened to me the last two times I tried to create a hub in Google Chrome.

1. Mary McShane profile image90
      Mary McShaneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There could be several reasons for this.

If your flash player hasn't been updated in the last 60 days when the new version came out, the fix is just to download a new copy. If you haven't cleared your cache in a week or more, clearing every 2 to 3 days brings Chrome's performance up to expectation.

If you have installed any new Windows updates recently, the updates mess up random programs. So you may need to update your Chrome (basically redownload it, it doesn't remove bookmarks). 

Try that and see if it helps.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Chrome.
      It appears that you made this post from Firefox 26.
      As we identify in the instructions for this forum, please provide technical details so we can research this issue further.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

What version of Chrome are you seeing the issue with?
      What OS?
      Does clearing your browser cache and restarting your computer have any effect?
      Is this related to all Hubs, a specific Hub, or a subset of Hubs?
      Please share the title and/or URL for examples.

Here are some other browser trouble shootings steps to try.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

zeke2100posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I cleared out the cache and started a new Hub to test it out. I added a new text capsule and it was centered in the middle of the page with no problem. I guess it was related to clearing the cache.

1. Mary McShane profile image90
          Mary McShaneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

zeke2100, I'm glad it was the easiest fix of all 3 suggestions. 

If Chrome users keep on top of emptying the cache every couple of days (if you are Light internet user), or every day (if you are a Heavy user), I find it resolves most Chrome problems.  Those darn Windows Updates are the ones that mess up my Chrome the most, making me reset my default settings in most cases.

I'm glad your problem is resolved now.

zeke2100posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your help.

Closed to reply

working