Problem with Image Size

1. SusanSaies profile image81
    SusanSaiesposted 2 years ago

I'm working on old hubs before adding new ones, and am having a problem when I save an image. (I know that regulations have changed and that we can no longer designate half or quarter size for an image; that's not what my problem is about.)

My problem is that when I upload an image from my own files and save it, it shows up about 10 times bigger in the photo capsule. I have seen new hubs with the large size photos and this is not what I'm talking about. The photo I just uploaded ended up about 6 inches by 7, which totally overwhelming the hub. The actual size that I'm uploading doesn't matter. They all show up in the photo capsule in a way that I consider unusable.

I've been uploading images for several years to my own websites, hubpages, squidoo, etc., and have never before had this problem.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Uploaded images are automatically resized to several different widths that match the possible actual pixel widths that will be displayed in a photo capsule.  The most common widths are 260 pixels in a right floated capsule and 520 pixels in a full width capsule.

On HubPages, uploaded photos have never been displayed at the original width of the file you uploaded (as they might be in wordpress, for instance).  For the best results, I'd recommend uploading high quality original images that are at least 520 pixels wide, but really in order to future proof yourself the higher the resolution and the quality the better.  Screens with 2048 to 3840 native pixels widths are becoming increasingly common, and a tiny little 200 pixel image is simply not going to look good on them.

2. SusanSaies profile image81
    SusanSaiesposted 2 years ago

Thank you for your information; it was helpful.