jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

RESOLVED: "Broken Link" Message but link is working (do recheck first)

1. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 3 years ago

I have broken link error message on this hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Where-to-Find-P … -The-World

I have tested this link and it works fine. I even redid it a few days ago, but the error message is still there. Any ideas what more I can do, other than remove the link?

1. brakel2 profile image87
      brakel2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Is the error message still on the page in edit form? I had two, and they disappeared from top of page. I don't think you have to remove the link if it tests ok. On the stats page, is it still there under broken links?

Melovyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Brakel2, thanks for that. Yes the error is still showing up and the broken links symbol is still on my stats page. But it works fine!

2. Camille Harris profile image
      Camille Harrisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Melovy,

I know you've retested the link several times, but can you hit "retest" again? I reviewed the link in question and determined that it is in fact working. I modified something on our end that should hopefully remove the "broken link" designation. Let me know if that does the trick.

psychskinner and brakel2, thanks for your replies.

Hi Camille, thanks for your reply and for trying to fix this. I have tested it again and it still came up showing “Link bad.” (I tried in Firefox and in Safari just in case that made a difference. But no.)

1. Camille Harris profile image

Hi Melovy,

Sorry that didn't work. I'd recommend hitting "ignore" for now while we look into it. Rest assured, your Hub is not at risk of being unpublished due to the link!

Thanks Camille. I was wondering if I should just remove the link, to save any more bother?

1. Camille Harris profile image

Totally your choice. If seeing the warning is a bother, perhaps you should. Just know that no one is going to unpublish the Hub because of it smile

Thanks. I'll leave it then! smile

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Did you redo the link or the scan?

I redid both pscyheskinnner!

3. NornsMercy profile image85
    NornsMercyposted 3 years ago

I'm having the same problem. It's one hub of mine and there are two links that are "broken". I've hit retest, redid the links, etc. and it still shows it's broken. Should I just ignore it?

4. Camille Harris profile image
    Camille Harrisposted 3 years ago

Hi NornsMercy,

Yes, you can go ahead and ignore it. The domains are rechecked periodically, so the warning will likely go away on its own.

1. NornsMercy profile image85
      NornsMercyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Awesome. I just noticed that the warning went away so all is well. smile

working