jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Help me classify my first hub!

1. Emma Lindhagen profile image82
    Emma Lindhagenposted 3 years ago

Hi there,

I am a new hubber and I'm having some trouble finding a "topic" for one of the hubs I want to write. The hub is about a webpage where you can pair yourself up with someone who lives in another country and exchange snacks and candy with each other via post. I want to write the hub about how this works, my experiences and what to keep in mind when making a swap like this etc. Which topic should I select for this hub? I've been trying to find out with the topic keyword search but I can't find one that fits well. Any advice?

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would consider putting it in the category of "social networking". How you get to that category is: Technology-->Internet and the Web-->Social Networking

Emma Lindhagenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hmm... that's an interesting suggestion. Maybe since it's a webpage it would be appropriate. I do plan to write reviews of the foreign snacks, too, and perhaps those would be better suited for "World Cuisine" like drpennypincher suggested. Thank you for the input!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Emma,

Welcome to HubPages! NateB and drpenny's suggestions are both great ones. I'm curious to read more about the website you mentioned-- sounds like a neat exchange program!

2. drpennypincher profile image96
    drpennypincherposted 3 years ago

I see why you are having trouble finding a good topic category for this.  Perhaps: http://hubpages.com/topics/food-and-coo … sines/1709

Thank you for replying.

I was considering "World Cuisines" but I was unsure about whether it was for recipes only. Do you think a hub like this would be good there?

3. Sehar Nadeem profile image80
    Sehar Nadeemposted 3 years ago

I think it could be an interesting story.

Thanks! I hope so.

4. Melinda Longoria profile image87
    Melinda Longoriaposted 3 years ago

Emma, I am really interested in reading your product reviews on foreign snacks. I've often searched for these on eBay. I'd love to read your opinions and learn about the different snacks across the world. These are great hub ideas. You've gained a new follower. wink

Thank you, Melinda, that's lovely to hear! Actually, some of these foreign snacks will actually be American since those are foreign to me, being Swedish. However, I will also have reviews of snacks from other countries.

working