jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

3 Years at HubPages - Yay for me!

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago

Well, I just received my 3 year accolade!  Yay for me! 

I love HubPages and I've really enjoyed my time here.  I've met some great people over that time and learned a lot about how the internet works (search engines, traffic, advertising etc.)  I also think the HP staff make a great team in what must be a challenging environment at times.

I guess my only moan would be my traffic and earnings, which headed downwards from the middle of 2013 and resulted in a disappointing Christmas for me.  It seems churlish to complain as I am sure that HP are working on improving the site's standing as I write (it's in their own interest after all!).  I just hope that things improve soon, although I doubt there will be a return to the "golden age" (pre Google Panda etc.)

Anyway, it's definitely been a roller coaster here at HP over the past 3 years, but a fun one!  smile

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations, Paul!  It is very impressive, and we're so glad that you chose to write on HubPages three years ago!   It has been a whirlwind over the past few years; thanks for sticking by us and continuing to be a thoughtful and positive presence on HubPages.  smile

2. Grant's World profile image80
    Grant's Worldposted 2 years ago

Congrats Paul on your 3 years writing here at HubPages.

PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks GW!  Things move so quickly in the internet world, there's been quite a few changes in the time I've been here.

3. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Congratulations and Happy 3- Anniversary!

1. janderson99 profile image87
      janderson99posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Congrats Paul, Cheers!!!

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 2 years ago

I don't think you ever really got into HP, Paul, because you are still, undeniably, sane. lol.

Well done, though...

PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, everyone goes a bit crazy after a Google hit, or a big HP change.  You learn to roll with the punches after a while.  (Tough I'd rather not be punched in the first place!)

I think the captains of the good ship, HP, are a steadying influence, they tend to plan for the medium to long term, rather than resorting to knee jerk reactions, which can happen in other places.

If my traffic wasn't at the lowest level it's been in a long, long time, my relationship with HP would be just perfect.

(ps I won't mention Mechanical Turk where I was eventually banned from assessing hubs because I apparently wasn't good enough!  big_smile )