jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

New to HUBPAGES and need some confirmation

1. 0
    brr206posted 2 years ago

1) Hubpages is the only article website that will allow articles that promote a business within them, true?  Are there others?

FYI: I references my books and workshops to learn more about the topics of the article.

2) Is Hubpages the best commission website of its kind on the internet?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi brr,

Welcome to HubPages! HP is not a commission site. Rather, authors on HubPages write articles and earn money over time based on the ad revenue generated by those articles. Here's how our earnings programs work: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/maki … y-HubPages

HubPages does not allow authors to create Hubs for the purpose of promoting a business. You can read more about our overly-promotional guidelines in the FAQ: http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There are many others.  Squidoo, Wizzley, Infobarrel, Seekyt, to name a few. 

As Christy says, HubPages doesn't want articles that exist only to promote your business.  However, if you write valuable articles offering great advice, you can have a link to your business on every Hub and it will be fine.  The same applies to the other sites

And if by "commission website" you mean "revenue-sharing website", I have to say yes, I've found it to be the highest-earning.

2. 0
    brr206posted 2 years ago

Does anyone allow such articles?

3. Gavino profile image76
    Gavinoposted 2 years ago

I do believe you can have self serving links on Ezine Articles. No more than two though. And Squidoo is not bad either, although they do have some rules when it comes to certain products.

4. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

If you have a business and you want to promote it with articles you are writing, why not consider making your own business site and putting your articles directly on your own site. That's what I do, and it works very well.

Registering a domain is only a couple of dollars a year. And there are many good hosting companies out there. look up "web hosting."

Your articles will actually add value to the site and bring in search engine traffic. Business sites that do nothing but sell, don't do well. But your articles will enhance this and give people a reason to visit.

1. 0
      brr206posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks everyone.  I am building an article website for myself as we speak.  I am under the impression that article databases, such as hubpages and ezine have better search engine results (?)

As well, hupages helps you make money with embedded links.  BY the way, do any other article databases offer these earnings?

1. IzzyM profile image84
        IzzyMposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think you are under the impression that Hubpages is an article directory.

There are search results to suggest it is, but it isn't and never was, to my knowledge.

The primary purposes of article directories are to provide content other people can re-use. They effectively copy your article for their website, and if you have included links to your own site, then the chances are your links will be copied too, thus generating backlinks and pushing them higher in the Google serps.

Ezine certainly was an article directory, though whether it still is I don't know.

The idea was that you wrote a brilliant piece that everyone would want to share and re-publish.

Brings us back to the point that Hubpages is NOT an article directory, and anyone would break copyright laws by copying articles.

In that sense, you would not want your articles copied, with embedded links or otherwise.

In fact, just today, Matt Cutts from Google slammed article directories - http://searchenginewatch.com/article/23 … ks-Just-No

You make money here by writing such brilliant content that people just must read. The more readers you have, the more money you will earn.

Simple as that.

Can't believe I just said that!

2. Gavino profile image76
      Gavinoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes Squidoo is a very good article database as well.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Squidoo is not an article database, which implies a collection of articles that can be taken and used elsewhere. And HubPages is not an article database either. See IzzyM's comment above, she explained it well.