jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Problem with Amazon Capsule?: Remove any ad blocking software

1. Writer Fox profile image75
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

I'm trying to insert an Amazon URL for a specific product.  When I put in the URL and save the capsule, the capsule on the Hub says:
    "Amazon is not providing us a price for this item. Therefore it can not be displayed."

Yet, the product is live on Amazon with a price.  How can I fix this?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Happens to me all the time, especially with Kindle books.

1. Writer Fox profile image75
        Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Another frustration I've encountered when using Amazon is sometimes the image of the product won't display and this text is given instead: "Image not available."  This happens when there is an image on the Amazon site but it won't pop in the capsule on HubPages.

2. Writer Fox profile image75
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

One out of the two products I was trying to display is now showing, but without an image.  It says: "Image not available" but there is an image on the Amazon site.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes the Amazon website and API offer different information.
      In these cases, you may be able to find a different listing for the same item that does have the image or pricing information available via the API.

3. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

Try inserting with the code instead? ASIN or USIN (Is that what they're called?) You know what I mean anyway

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

Update on this:  I'm noticing it happening far more frequently.   

I just checked some old Hubs, which were showing Amazon ads just fine.  They were all showing "Amazon is not providing us a price for this item. Therefore it can not be displayed."

I've had to clear everything, start over, and find the same product using keywords.   If I do that, the product displays just fine.

5. NornsMercy profile image84
    NornsMercyposted 3 years ago

I'm having a problem with the Amazon capsule, too. Nothing happens when I type something into the boxes (direct URL, search, etc). I click the buttons and nothing happens at all.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just tested and the Amazon product capsule works for me in Chrome.
      Do you get a result for this code?
      B004A2CMKK

Also, make sure you are not using any sort of ad blocking software.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8755337_f248.jpg

1. NornsMercy profile image84
        NornsMercyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. It's working now. I had no idea I was even using an ad blocker. For a year and a half I didn't know how other people could preview their articles with ads in them because mine never showed...

Guess it's time to go edit some white space, lol.

working