jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Poll capsule after or during comments.

1. YogaKat profile image90
    YogaKatposted 2 years ago

I have one hub in particular where a poll after comments from guest users could really up the traffic.  I think guest users would find it fun to echo off each others responses.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

In the early days of HubPages, comments didn't have to be put at the end of a Hub.  A few years ago, we made the decision to follow standard online formats and have the comments at the end.  I think there's the rare case, in your example, where it might work to have a Comment Capsule not at the very bottom, but most of the time it is not a good format.  Most readers, when they see the comments, believe the article is finished.  Hubs that have a lot of comments were really hurt by having the comments interspersed throughout the Hub; readers were leaving their Hubs early and unsatisfied.  Perhaps you could leave a note in your Hub to have your readers read the comments before they respond to the poll.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There are Hubs that do have content below the Comments.  Are they just old ones that the HP system hasn't reformatted?

1. Robin profile image
          Robinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  There are some older Hubs where the Comments Capsule is not at the end. While we think that our site-wide changes improve the Hub, we do our best to not change the layouts of previously published Hubs without authors knowing. Thanks!  smile

2. alexjeahn profile image59
    alexjeahnposted 2 years ago

Yes, only statistics will tell us now:)

3. YogaKat profile image90
    YogaKatposted 2 years ago

Thank you Robin.  Your explanation makes sense. And I like your idea about directing the reader to the comments before taking the poll.

working