jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

When you close HP account, can you use same email for new one?

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I have another HP account that I want to close; don't like the user name, all the Hubs were a bust. I want to close that account and am thinking of starting another one which will be better. I am wondering if I can use the same email that I used when I opened the account that I now want to close. Or can I use that email on another account that I already have?

I was experimenting at one time, none of it worked, wanting to start over.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Nate,
      You can use the same email address, just add a +1 at the end, e,g., if your email address is nateb@gmail.com, you could use nateb+1@gmail.com.  Any emails from this account will go to nateb@gmail.com.  They are essentially the same email, but our system will see them as different.  I hope that helps!  smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+1

2. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

That totally helps and clarifies it, Robin. Thank you.

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Robin's trick is a good one if you want to have multiple active accounts with the same email address, but I will add that if you actually do close an account we expunge the email address from it, which means that you can use it on a new account even without that trick.

1. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's great, Paul. Thanks for the information and the help.

2. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 3 years ago

The other thing to note is that I think the trick only works with gmail.  If you use another email service like Yahoo, it might not work.  Since you are deleting your account, it shouldn't matter (as Paul Deeds states).  smile

working