jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon capsules in reviews, how many is too many?

1. Emma Lindhagen profile image82
    Emma Lindhagenposted 2 years ago

So, yesterday I published my first Hub about swapping snacks with people in other countries. My plan was that my next hubs would be reviews of the snacks I had received in swaps, since I took notes of what I thought of them all. I had planned to include Amazon capsules for anything available through there, but I am worried that there will be too many capsules for my Hubs to be considered good quality.

I have started drafting one of them and right now I'm looking at about 19 Amazon capsules, to about 1800 words. So, it's within the 50 words/capsule range and all the capsules do get mentioned specifically (what sort of a product it is and what I thought about it), but I'm still concerned that it will lower the Hub score and perceived quality.

What advice do you have? Is it too much? Should I remove the capsules?

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sounds fine to me though I dare say someone won't agree with me!
      1800 is a lot of words and promises a comprehensive hub and the products are completely relevant to the text so I would go ahead. Good luck!
      You can always edit and remove some later if they prove problematic (ie if the hub does not get Google traffic).

1. Emma Lindhagen profile image82
        Emma Lindhagenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Izzy and thanks for your response! I'm glad you think the ratio sounds reasonable, that puts my mind at ease some. I will try to write it up and post it and see how it goes.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

We used to be allowed to have far more capsules in our Hubs.

I'm sure HubPages chose the ratio of one capsule per 50 words for good reasons and I think people should trust that limit more.  If HubPages wasn't happy with one capsule per 50 words, don't you think they would just change the rule?

1. ilikegames profile image80
      ilikegamesposted 2 years ago

I think it would be fine. If you're giving nice detailed descriptions and reviews of the products then you're ratio isn't too bad.

I get the feeling you aren't using them to to push products on people, it's more about being able to 1) show people the product and 2) let them know where its available.

As a reader that wouldn't turn me off and I think its a good decision for the user experience in your case to use that many.