jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Should we forget everything we learned about google ?

1. Adityapullagurla profile image82
    Adityapullagurlaposted 2 years ago

Google updates of panda,hummingbird and penguin 2.1 keeps all the content creators on toes. What are your views on googles take on updating there algorithms so frequently

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

The details change but the underlying principles remain the same in most cases.

1. Adityapullagurla profile image82
      Adityapullagurlaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

True, but spending so much money on seo and sme doesnt it hurt the business ?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you're spending money on it, you're doing it wrong.

3. electronician profile image93
    electronicianposted 2 years ago

I used to build links to content I published online to try to get Google rankings, but on my account here on Hubpages I've done nothing and I'm quite pleased with the search engine traffic I'm getting so far.

I think about SEO only when I'm thinking of an article idea - just to ask myself if its a subject people are interested in and to pick a title that corresponds in some way to what they might be searching for. After that I just write and forget about SEO - I think these days that's the best way to do it these days.

4. Suzanne Day profile image98
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

Some very appropriate backlinks made personally don't hurt either. For example, if you are a member of a forum, or know of a Facebook group who would really appreciate your hub, because it is exactly the right topic, then there is no harm in sharing your hub with them. But not very much, think quality not quantity or your hubs won't perform long term.