jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Editor's Choice Results Update?

1. Sue Adams profile image91
    Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago

There may be one good use of the new "Related Discussions" feature appearing at the bottom of forum threads. For example, on the topic of Editor's Choice hubs:

TripleFitness said 3 months ago:
    "If you start losing traffic today, it's very likely due to damage that occurred 2 or 3 months ago. It takes a long time to trickle down."

Is it now time to update our findings on the positive or negative effects of Editor's Choice hubs? Have your EC hubs gained or lost traffic and earnings since it was implemented 5 months ago?

1. 0
      sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I haven't noticed any difference. My EC hubs that were getting high traffic before they received the award are still getting high traffic and the low traffic ones before the award still don't get a lot of views.

2. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Some of mine have gotten more traffic. Others have just stood still and don't get hardly any.

2. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 2 years ago

To me it just seems ECing a Hub has little impact on traffic. Not monitoring them very closely, though.

3. electronician profile image94
    electronicianposted 2 years ago

I haven't been here for the full 5 months, but my EC hubs all got good traffic just after they were published, but none of them is getting good long term traffic.

I'm seriously considering opting out, but I'll give it another month or so first.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

My first Hub to get the Editors Choice has done pretty well and is still picking up views at a decent clip every day, so I have no complaints.

However, the dozen or so other, older hubs that have been EC'd since then haven't performed any better or worse than they were doing before the tag. I thought they'd get more of a bump.