jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

New Program Idea: Charity Ads Module

1. drpennypincher profile image96
    drpennypincherposted 2 years ago

Here's an idea for a new HubPages program that I thought up this morning:
    HubPages could develop a Charity Ads Module.  With a Charity Ads Module, Hubbers could put a charity ad in their Hubs if they wish.  This would be a charitable program, so no one would get paid for participating.  The Charity Ad Module would have a drop-down list to select a charity that is participating in the program.  When placed in a Hub, the Charity Ads Module would display a small image advertising the selected charity and the image would link to the charity's website.

What do you think?

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

One of the problems would be that the ad would probably not relate to the content of the Hub.  Another problem is that there are already too many ads on Hubs as it is: 16 and a "Join Today" ad. I think it would be better, and of more help to the charity, to write a Hub about a specific charity like the Hub you wrote for Goodwill.

drpennypincherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Writer Fox, it seems like most ads are not related to the content of the Hub, I'm not sure if search engines look at ads differently than other links on a page?

I think you have a good point that there are a lot of ads already, and adding more may not be a good idea.  Thanks for your feedback on this.

2. kidscrafts profile image83
    kidscraftsposted 2 years ago

I don't know exactly how the adds work.  But I think that like Writer Fox wrote, it's a good idea to write one or several hubs for a specific organization with what they do and place a link toward their website if they have one :-)

drpennypincherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This makes sense- if you write a Hub about an organization you want to support, links to that organization would be relevant and a good way to promote it.  Good suggestion- thanks!

working