jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Video Processing Soooo Slow....Is it because I converted?

1. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 2 years ago

I've done a couple video hubs before but one I'm doing now (the first hub I ever tried to covert to video once I already started the hub) the video seems to be taking forever to process.

Is this normal since I converted the Hub? because it never took so long before.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

I've never tried it so I can't help - however personally, I wouldn't bother creating video Hubs anyway.

We've had a couple of Hubbers who experimented extensively with video Hubs compared to posting on Youtube, and the results were dismal. 

They found they got better results by posting a video on Youtube, then writing a Hub about it and embedding the Youtube video.

Cre8torposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the input. It's much appreciated.

3. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 2 years ago

Well it's up now so I guess I'm just impatient. It just hadn't taken that long before. Thanks though!

1. Camille Harris profile image
      Camille Harrisposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cre8tor,

Sorry to hear your video took longer than desired to process (but happy to hear it went through!).

What size is the video, and how long is it? I was just able to quickly upload two short videos (1.20 MB/13 sec. and 1.08 MB/11 sec., respectively) after converting my test Hub to video. How long after you started the upload process did you receive the email from HubPages confirming that your video had been processed?

Thanks for your time. Feel free to email us if you'd prefer.

Cre8torposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for checking back. It was about 22 hrs. from start to email confirmation. It was kinda long so like I said, perhaps I was just being impatient and used to how my shorter videos processed.

working