jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Rising Star Competition: Books, Literature, and Writing

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago

This week’s Rising Star nominees can be found on the Books, Literature, and Writing Topic Page.

Be sure to stop by and vote for your favorite! It’s a great way to support promising new talent in our community. smile

1. TarrinLupo profile image87
      TarrinLupoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What is this weeks topic and where can I find it?

I would like to enter this weeks competition.

Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The Topic is the one linked in the first post above (Books, Literature, and Writing). The Topic is selected randomly each week, and contestants are chosen from Hubbers who have already written in that Topic.

I am sorry, I didn't understand.  I thought it had to be more specific. So I can still enter by posting to that category before wednesday?

Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, the contestants have already been chosen. You have to have already written a Hub in it before the contest begins. Basically, there's an element of luck. You have to have written in the current Topic before the Topic was picked. We wanted to add a layer of randomness to this particular competition to ensure that we are featuring new Hubbers who write on many different subjects.

So there is no way to know what the topic will be,  you just write your hubs and if you happen to have wrote about it earlier then your hubs goes on the list? I was confused, I thought it was a weekly competition people enter after you announced the topic.

2. Astra Nomik profile image82
    Astra Nomikposted 2 years ago

Yes, the randomness is the fun part of it and if you have written on a topic and you are chosen, then good for you. smile

working