jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Unable to upload photos to new hubs

1. Mercia Collins profile image71
    Mercia Collinsposted 2 years ago

When I try to edit a photo capsule, on a new hub that I am in the process of creating it just keeps saying please wait and never resolves to show the button to choose the photo from my computer.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi @Mercia
      Both @ilikegames and @Greensleeves Hubs have provided some good suggestions as trying a different browser like Firefox and clearing your cache will address many common browser issues.

I just tested uploading an image using a photo capsule in the HubTool and was able to do so using Chrome 32.0.1700.107 in Windows XP.
      If you can provide some additional information, we may be able to assist you further.

Is the issue related to one specific image file? Can you upload other images without incident?
      What format is it (JPEG, PNG)?
      What is the resolution?
      Does the file upload here?

Are you receiving and error message or dialog of any kind? If so, what is the specific message?

Here are some other tips to try
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

2. ilikegames profile image80
    ilikegamesposted 2 years ago

I haven't run into this issue myself but quick suggestions:
    -Clear your browser cache.
    -Try a different browser.

3. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 2 years ago

I don't know if your problem is the same as mine, but I've had huge problems with Internet Explorer on HubPages, including saving text capsules, but most of all when it comes to uploading photos. At best it will only let me do one at a time, instead of a batch, and often it won't let me load any at all into the photo capsule.

Although I still use I.E for other purposes, for HubPage work I use Firefox now which seems to give me far fewer problems.

Maybe 'ilikegames' is right, and it's the browser cache that's the problem, but I definitely concur that trying a different browser may solve your problems.