jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Overheard...

1. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

Mark, one of my fellow employees, a wonderful character, with a heavy southern drawl, straight off the Andy Griffith show, had taken over a register so Emma could go on break. When she returned, Mark was with a customer, a tiny little old lady. When he saw his replacement, he said, "Hey Emma, are you black from break? Are you coming to cock me back in?" I just looked at him, trying not to laugh and with a completely straight face, he said, "I think I'm having a stroke."

Have you overheard or said something really embarrassing that couldn't be stopped before it was released on the world?

2. David Carl profile image77
    David Carlposted 2 years ago

Gas is more my problem.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm going to assume you mean petrol and move on like I never heard this. wink

3. David Carl profile image77

I think that I just posted a written example on the subject of your thread.

1. 0

I noticed that. Which is helpful in case anyone missed the point of my example.

4. David Carl profile image77

So....the answer is no, I never do that.

5. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 2 years ago

At a PTA meeting, I said to the group: "Teachers do do a lot."

1. 0

haha

6. R Creighton G profile image62
    R Creighton Gposted 2 years ago

My first job out of high school was at a department store.  I worked in the clothing department.  One day a woman of about 30 walked up to the counter where I and a fellow employee named Rick (rhymes with "thick", "brick", and this other word that fits pretty well) were stocking a display.  The woman was quite attractive, and as she lay her armload of purchases on the counter, we couldn't help but notice the quite ample cleavage barely contained by her white and somewhat gaping blouse.  Actually it was more than "somewhat"; the top four buttons were at that moment not engaged in any button-like activity at all.

Rick (also rhymes with "quick") fairly leapt to her service, leaving me little to do but turn my back to finish the display.  Our manager wanted to know immediately when we were finished with that project so that we could begin work on a window display that needed to be done by early afternoon because he was expecting a visit from the district manager.  I arranged the last shirt on the rack as I heard the bosom-y woman chirp a thank you to Rick and began to totter away in her clogs.  I reached for the mic sitting on the counter to call the manager over via the PA, thumbed the switch, opened my mouth to speak...

...and Rick leaned backward from the counter as he cocked his head over one shoulder, and in a croaky whisper-that-really-wasn't said "MAN!  Did you SEE those T!T$!!"

And then he frowned and looked puzzled as he heard his own voice echo throughout the store.

I heard that things got ugly after that, but I can't claim to have witnessed any of it, having decided to go eat the extra brownie I'd brought for lunch in the break room after all.

1. 0

You should have used that opportunity to say, "What deplorable behavior, Rick! I don't objectify women as you obviously do, and that's not appropriate talk, especially concerning a custom... Hey! I think this mic is still on!"

1. R Creighton G profile image62
        R Creighton Gposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I should have!  I panicked.

working