jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Suggestions for the hubpages developers

1. Nadine May profile image93
    Nadine Mayposted 2 years ago

Don’t get me wrong, I like hubpages, but I wanted air a suggestion.

When I want to link one of my articles to another hubpage, or an article from another source, I wish we had the opportunity to link it to a ‘paragraph within that article’, instead of the complete article link on the address bar.  Like it’s possible on the Wikinut.com writing platform.
    It’s also a good point to have paragraph heading links showing up when visitors click on a hub page article, again like on Wikinut.com. It shows a visitor the direct section within that article.
    Just an idea.
    I have no idea what that entails in the setup of the capsules, maybe again one more option?

Please let me know what others think.

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can actually do that.

You can create a table of contents for the hub you wish to link to. Using the same page source, link back to the text box from the hub you are linking from.

Here are some tutorials on how to create a table of contents for your hub.

1. Nadine May profile image93
        Nadine Mayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh really? I never knew that! thank you I will look into that.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
          Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There's more information about how to create the links on this Forum thread, too:

2. 82
    Jamesm1968posted 2 years ago

Actually, I hadn't thought about this until you mentioned it. It would be a good idea, but I fear it would be hard to actually enable.
    I haven't seen this feature on any of the sites I am a member of, so will assume that this may not be technologically possible at this time.

3. NathaNater profile image91
    NathaNaterposted 2 years ago

You can link to a specific section of a hub, just have to use the right link; you right click on the hub and go to view page source; hit contol f and type in the section you want; just beofre the section there will be mod_ and then a bunch of numbers I think; write that down; then the link you would use is the link to the hub but right after the name o the hub you use the hashtag (#) thingy and the mod_ dot dot dee thingy. It will take the reader to that section. Hope I didn't leave anything out, been awhile since I've done it.

4. Nadine May profile image93
    Nadine Mayposted 2 years ago

Thank you all for your reply. I gave it a go by following all your suggestions but after 30 min I gave up. I could just never find the paragraph links when I did a R click.
    I hope that hubpages one day will create an automatic paragraph heading link as a capsule, like wikinut.com have done.

I do not have the time to do all that extra work. I feel that is a job for the Hubpages code writing team.

No wonder I have not seen any table of contents in the hubs I've been following and responded to.
    Many thanks anyway