jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Including external link to Bubblews in my posts...

1. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 2 years ago

I have two featured hubs where I included a referral link to Bubblews. One hub was about Bubblews. Another hub was about making money online writing where I talked about Bubblews as well.  Everything was fine for a while but then I logged into to HubPages and noticed that I had a warning on those two hubs. I don't remember the exact warning message but it had something to do with maliscious links... I was told to remove those links or my hubs would become unpublished by HubPages staff. I removed those links. I want to know why I got this warning all of a sudden when I didn't get this kind of warning before. Those two hubs have been published for a while and this is the first time it's happened. Can I put the link back to into the hubs or not?

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It was all over the forums yesterday that Bubblews was hit with a virus, so any links to the site would flag up a malicious warning. I'd email staff to see if it is clear now.

2. stuff4kids profile image95
      stuff4kidsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Bubblews is riddled with viruses and there are some very dodgy sites hosted on the same server. It flags up red alert on scam checkers of various kinds. This may not be the fault of Bubblews staff  but it would definitely arouse caution from a site with Hubpages' reputation and standards. No big deal. Just chalk it up to experience. There are plenty of other things to write about. smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Some people have reported getting a malware warning when they visited Bubblews recently.   If that happened when HubPages' filters checked your links, it would have classified Bubblews as a malicious link.

It happened to me once, I linked to a perfectly legitimate site which got hacked.  Once the problem at that site got fixed, the warnings disappeared.

4. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, as others have said, Bubblews was dealing with a rogue ad yesterday, but it was happening at other sites too--like Wikinut, for instance. They fixed the problem over there at Bubblews, so should be all fine now. Like Marisa, I had it happen when I linked to a legit site that got hacked. And, as she said, when it's cleared up all is well. It's not Bubblews in particular, they just got attacked like some sites do sometimes.

5. Janice L Miller profile image60
      Janice L Millerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

They don't want links posted out side of bubblews.

1. lovebuglena profile image91
        lovebuglenaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean?

2. Moon Daisy profile image82
    Moon Daisyposted 2 years ago

I don't know the exact ruling, and I'm not familiar with Bubblews, but rules on HubPages are often changing, and I suppose that what might have been ok when it was published might not be ok now.  Also perhaps it sometimes takes a while for the HubPages system to detect a problem with the hub and flag it up.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image88
    Alphadogg16posted 2 years ago

I believe its against the Hubpages policy to promote another site on Hubpages and it may have just taken them awhile to catch it as Moon Daisy stated.

4. VictoriaSheffield profile image88
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 2 years ago

I did not know that we can include referral links here.