jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Question for new hubber

1. ReadersWorld profile image61
    ReadersWorldposted 2 years ago

I'm not seeing how to contact Hubs directly and I wanted to see if its ok to create a place for readers to buy online books. In Social Media there isn't a good place for Authors to spread the word about their work but there is a huge need for readers to be able to find books they want to read.

I was thinking of creating a place for readers to be able to click on the link of the book, picture and synopsis, that will take them to Amazon to buy the book.

Is this allowed instead of articles persay?

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My only suggestion would be to write a review of a book, assuming it isn't your book, and provide an Amazon capsule with that book. Or if you are talking about your own work, write an article about the topic of your book. Let's say it's a cookbook, you create a recipe hub and provide an amazon capsule to buy the rest of the cookbook. I think that would be acceptable under the HubPages rules.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can do this easily.

As Anna Marie says, you would need to write a "blurb" for each book - but I'm sure you were planning to do that anyway.

Be aware, though, that each Hub is a separate article. It's not like a blog, where followers can be notified when you add some new material. So if you were thinking of creating a Hub and adding new books as they appear, that won't work because no one will know you've added a new book.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

It's really not possible to do anything "instead of articles" on this site, because article writing is what HP is all about.

The activity you're describing sounds like it would be considered "overly promotional" which would be against Da Rules. Sorry.

If, however, you were to write articles reviewing particular books and then included Amazon links to purchase them, that would be OK.

3. ReadersWorld profile image61
    ReadersWorldposted 2 years ago

Thank You for your fast reply.