jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon affiliate program : Help needed

1. Abhishek87 profile image75
    Abhishek87posted 7 years ago

I wanted to know whether you have to put the Amazon links on your own in your hubs or does Hubpages do that automatically. If I have to do it on my own, How am I supposed to do it.

I went to the Amazon site and did get one such link But didn't understand how and where am I supposed to put it.

The link looked something like this :

2. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

There is a  capsule that you can add for amazon products. You can search by keyword or you can enter the exact ASIN number of the product you want to feature. In most cases, it's better to put the exact product ASIN number, so that you know the products are relevant to the hub.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I have found the text link better to use in the amazon capsules. smile once in the capsule it changes to a photo and info. Hope that helps.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Might doing that have some hidden consequences, I wonder?  For example, if someone did that, might it mean that HubPages would no longer detect broken links that are sometimes detected in "conventional" Amazon link boxes?

Also, might there be hidden advantages to doing it that way?

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

By not using a capsule, you aren't revenue sharing with HubPages.  But putting links in text capsules, you make them subject to HubPages linking and promotion rules.

There are pluses and minuses to each of those situations.