Hub Challenge For February - Revamp 30 hubs in 16 Days

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. OanaWriter profile image91
    OanaWriterposted 10 years ago

I have 29 hubs ( the 30th almost finished) yet only 1/3 get traffic at all. The goal for the rest of this month is to revamp my hubs, make them stellar (tho most of them follow stellar guidelines), make them SEO-friendly and get them promoted on social media and indexed by search engine.

My goal is to work on 2 hubs a day to improve them and share them on my social platforms.

Want to join me? Company would be much appreciated and warmly welcomed!

We could also be sharing each other's hubs on social media platforms for a bit of fun and a helping hand with social media exposure.

My first hub challenge ever! #commitment

1. Writer Fox profile image33
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Although it is sometimes necessary to update an older Hub, constantly revising a Hub to try to get more traffic sometimes defeats your purpose because Google can perceive this as trying to manipulate its search results.

Often, you are much better off replacing (and deleting) Hubs which aren't successful and starting over from scratch with a new URL.  There are many differences from writing on HubPages and writing on your own sites.  Repeatedly changing a Hub to try for better search engine results is one mistake many Hubbers make.

There was a Forum post a few months back about a guy who was having great success with one particular Hub.  A staff member entered the thread and suggested that he add several things to the Hub to get even more traffic.  My reply was, "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!)  Changing a top performing Hub is risky and I would advise against anyone doing that.

With Google and HubPages, your best shot is the first shot.  If you get some initial action from Google views, sit back and watch your Hub rise on search engine results pages.  If you don't have any action from Google after the first few months, start over with a new Hub. 

Your report of only about 1/3 of your Hubs receiving most of the traffic is typical for Hubbers, myself included.  Remember, you are writing on a site which already has many, many Hubs about the same topics and Google makes choices about which Hubs to display for any given search query.  Google will rarely rank two webpages from HP for the same search query and this is just one of the reasons your batting average here will never be 100%.  Don't worry about that; just write more Hubs and 1/3 should be winners.

2. misslong123 profile image82
    misslong123posted 10 years ago

I might be up for a challenge but I would need more than 16 days to tweak 30. I'm working on new hubs too right now. I could try for 30-60 days. What do you think?

OanaWriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sounds great misslong123 let's do it! Thanks for joining in, it's a great pleasure to have a hub challenge buddy!

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I could try the 30 in 30 days too. I have other projects going and can't do it in 15 days.

sounds great, welcome to the challenge!

3. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

That's really a neat idea. I have been working on other things, but I do need to work on tweaking my hubs. I'm not sure I have time for two per day, though. Still, this is a neat idea. :-)

you are welcome to join in Victoria and work at your own pace.

thanks everyone for joining in. it's my first challenge so I'm new to how it works.

should we all just get on with work and post links here for each article that's revised?

I thought it would be awesome if we could also read each other's work, maybe leave a comment if possible and also share it on our social media platforms (of course at our own pace as we are all busy hubbers).

what do you think?

i'm very happy and grateful for the positive response and people joining in, makes it all more fun smile

4. misslong123 profile image82

Yes. That is a great idea. As we edit:
    Post link
    Comment and read each other's
    Advertise/social media exposure each other's
    Does that cover it all?

sounds great. any other ideas are welcome.

working on my hubs, and my links will be ready for later today.

5. misslong123 profile image82

Okay. I finally got 1 tweaked! smile

Enjoy!

http://misslong123.hubpages.com/hub/Sel … aintenance

6. misslong123 profile image82

Is this forum still going on?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)