jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have a spring home remodeling project planned?

1. CelebrateUSA profile image90
    CelebrateUSAposted 2 years ago

I've decided that we will insulate our attic this spring. The silvertanium reflective foil appears light weight and simple to install. We even invested in paneling and a cordless circular saw.

Do you have any experience with this?

What home remodeling projects do you have planned? Any with insulation?

1. mgeorge1050 profile image82
      mgeorge1050posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have some limited experience with using 'blown in' cellulose insulation, but a lot of experience working in attics.  I am a master electrician, and I have spent countless hours in attics.  My advice is pretty much common sense, but I would recommend doing your attic work as early in the morning as possible.  The attic has had all night to cool down, and it will only get warmer as the sun rises.  By the way, my uncle installs the reflective foil and they get tons of positive feedback.  That stuff must be pretty good!

2. itssarahj profile image60
      itssarahjposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My roommates and I are getting new furnitures to replace our old dusty ones. Hopefully this will bring a lot of comfort and charm to our place. I also plan on rearranging things around our place to give it a different feel.

2. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

Not with insulation, but our project this year is to replace our front porch.  The boards are weak and we need to get it done before it's too far gone.  We want to do it ourselves, but it seems a bit daunting.  We did put a hardwood floor in one of our other rooms, so hopefully it won't be as scary as we are making it out to be smile

I wouldn't mind figuring out how to put insulation in my crawl space to keep my washer pipe from freezing in the extreme cold.  Maybe I should add that to my list.