jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Is it worth having eBay program

1. Good Guy profile image94
    Good Guyposted 2 years ago

Following HP report, I have opted for the Hp Amazon program.  Now I noticed I haven't sign up for eBay program.  If there is money to be earned i don't know why up to now I have not signed up.  Now I am thinking to go for eBay as well.  Any comments and advice from experts here?  Thanks.

1. vocalcoach profile image93
      vocalcoachposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I haven't done too well with ebay, but you never know.  My ebay report shows that I've made a few dollars.  I haven't received  a pay-out from ebay yet.

Good Guyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Do they pay direct, or through HP?  Fancy veteran expert Vocalcoach not doing well in eBay.  Then I must as well forget eBay! LOL

1. Barbara Kay profile image84
          Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you are paid directly with your Hubpages earnings.

2. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I would say it's not really worth it to me because since the policies changed, I've made nothing. However, I have elected to keep a few on some hubs just in case I get a hit. It's worth the gamble. It can't hurt as I do have Amazon ads on some of those so I hope to win either way.

Do they pay direct, or through HP?  Is eBay a separate earning program, or is it like Hp Adsense program and the current Hp Amazon program?

No eBay is not a separate earnings program. You'll get it with your Hubpage earnings.

2. Good Guy profile image94

If there is even a little extra money, then why should we not go for it?

Agreed. I do better with that than Amazon.

Thanks Barbara. I think I shall go for it.

2. ilikegames profile image81
    ilikegamesposted 2 years ago

I don't have experience with the program (I've only been here for a week myself) but I did do some extensive research about deciding to sign up or not just the other day as I had some Hub ideas that relied on eBay.

What I managed to find in information basically pointed to the fact that it used to be very profitable but changes to the rules surrounding affiliate earnings on eBay has made it less and less attractive over time.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago

eBay changed from paying for impressions and sales to only paying for sales and only if the winning bid happens in a pre-determined time frame so a lot of hubbers have delete eBay capsules from their hubs.

4. Good Guy profile image94
    Good Guyposted 2 years ago

I have just been accepted into eBay.  Do I need to put in the advert through the eBay capsule for every hub?  That will be lots of work.

working