jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

HP servers taking a long time to respond...

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Time to buy/lease more hardware? smile

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My personal opinion- All these archived forum posts from years ago that hubbers are currently responding too are jamming up the entire system!
      What is the point of responding to a forum post from 2 yrs. ago?
      None of the posts even apply to anything that is current. HP needs to just delete them all.

paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am not thrilled with those either...

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We are unaware of any specific site issues that would result in a slow load times.  I have used the site from multiple computer and locations (and ISPs) over the last week and have not noticed any loading time issues.
      There was a large scale DDOS last week that affected a large amount of Internet traffic, but that was not a HubPages site issue and has since been resolved.

When you say it is slow, what specific content are you referring to?
      All Hubs? Select Hubs? How long is it taking to load?

If so, I can test and try to reproduce the issue using a few different ISPs.
      It could be a system resource issue (how much free RAM and CPU does you machine have available). You might want to try disabling all browser plugins or trying a different browser as well.

paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

All seems well today. smile

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 3 years ago

Glad you mentioned this. I've been having terrible problems getting Hubpages to load on my iPad (using Chrome, not the app) these last few days.
    Sometimes I even wondered if HP was down altogether and I keep getting pages half-loaded else Cannot Connect error messages.
    Sometimes the forums would load but got error messages saying the adverts at the bottom wouldn't load, something about them using too many characters for the servers or something.
    Have switched my router off and on several times to no avail.
    Laptop seems OK but then only get on here late at night.

working