jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

And thanks for all the fish...

1. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 2 years ago

Some of you out there might remember me, fondly or otherwise.

I've been rather inactive for a long while, and life has been - well, it's been life.

I'm posting today to tip my hat to the long-time Hubbers who I've had the pleasure of knowing, and to say a fond farewell, officially, to a site that helped me in ways I cannot fully express.  When I came to Hubpages, I was a mid-twentysomething "girl" with attitude and inflated ego.  Now, I've unpublished all my Hubs, and I'm an early 30-something transgender man with years of living as a man 24/7 behind me and exciting things ahead of me offline.

The money I earned via Hubpages over the years helped me do things like put groceries on my table when my husband and I were both unemployed, helped me travel home for the holidays, and helped pay for my first doctor's appointment where I was approved for hormone replacement therapy.

There were months where the only reason I could keep being online was because the Hubpages payment posted and I was able to pay for my Internet for another month.

I made friends who, though we've since parted ways through time and distance, were there for me during my wedding planning and freakouts, and were there for me when that marriage fell apart.

Members of Hubpages have been there with me through a lot, and even though I caused my fair share of trouble in the great Atheist vs. Creationist debates of yesteryear and otherwise, I think about the site fondly.

But, it's time to move on.

Take care of yourselves, and always have fun!

1. HubPages profile image
      HubPagesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We're so glad HubPages has been such a meaningful part of your life, gg! We wish you the very best and hope you'll come on back someday if it feels right.

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image75
        sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Share the same feeling. Hope you will rock again.

2. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Why delete your Hubs?   They can go on earning that bit of pin money even if you totally neglect them.  Set your comments to "vacation" or turn them off entirely, that way you won't have any maintenance to worry about.

It's great to hear your journey has been a success and you're finally where you want to be.  I wish you all the best for the future

2. fpherj48 profile image80
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

gg.....sorry we never had the opportunity to meet, yet here I am saying "Good-Bye and Good Luck"  to you, in all that you choose to do in life. 
    I will admit I'm confused....but that happens to me often.  You explain you were a girl.....had a husband.....divorced...& are now a transgender man.  I got that part.
    It is when you say, "I am an early 30-something transgender man with years of living as a man 24/7 behind me....."   ???  that's where I get tossed off track.   Did you not mean to say that you have "years of living as a woman 24/7 behind you?"
    In any event......Here's to your new life!

3. itssarahj profile image60
    itssarahjposted 2 years ago

Aww, wishing you well on your journey.