jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

HubPages RSS feed

1. ponx profile image89
    ponxposted 3 years ago

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can find the RSS feed for my hubs? I know that it did exist before but there have been a lot of changes to HubPages after that and I just can't seem to locate it. Thanks in advance.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

HP exterminated it for SEO reasons awhile back.

However, we can still do http://hubpages.com/help/ads for our hubs (bottom of page).

1. ponx profile image89
      ponxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I see, anyway thanks for letting me know. Too bad it doesn't exist any longer. There are some valid places to use feeds for traffic.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's been a really long time. Who knows? Maybe your thread will result in HP re-examining the issue to see if the original reasons for discontinuance are still valid. As for whether the reasons are still valid or not, I would have no idea.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

True, and it also means non-members can't follow us. However the reason was that people were using the feed to steal articles.

3. Writer Fox profile image75
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

RSS feed facilitates plagiarism and it also robs you of visits to your Hubs.  If someone can read your Hub on RSS, they don't need to visit your Hub.  For years some people boasted that they had huge numbers of RSS followers on blogs and websites as compared to email subscribers or visitors.  You don't see them boasting about that anymore.  They wised up, and so did HP.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Is that the case even with RSS feeds which offer only the summary of a post? 

I could never understand anyone offering RSS feeds which gave the full post, for exactly the reason you mention.  I even came across a couple of sites which offered use your feed to republish your whole blog on their site to "gain more exposure", which seemed like the maddest idea ever (yet people were signing up!).

1. Writer Fox profile image75
        Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think summaries are fine.  However, I'm glad HP removed the RSS option because scammers were definitely using that to be notified of new content by specific Hubbers.  (Now, of course, they can still get email notifications if they follow a specific Hubber or Topic, but it has reduced the automated plagiarism that went on before, I think.)

working