jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Mobile site does not permit editing Hubs. Try "request desktop site"

1. 60
    Woadie1posted 2 years ago

I was working on a hub last night and only did less than half of what I wanted to do. Now I am not able to edit this hub or more likely I can't find the edit button. I am using an iPhone for this so that also may be the problem. I looked around the site for 2 hours and couldn't figure out how to edit my hub. Please help I am at a standstill and don't think it is wise to publish a first draft of anything.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Woadie,

You can't write or edit Hubs in mobile.

1. 60
        Woadie1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm able to write a first draft and then after that I can't edit them. So you are mostly correct. It wouldn't take much to change this on the website.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

While the mobile version of the site does not permit editing, if you have a mobile browser that allows you to specify that you would like to see the desktop version, then you can edit your Hubs on some mobile devices. In Chrome the menu choice is "Request Desktop Site".
      You may be able to use Firefox, Opera, Chrome, or Dolphin for iOS and be able to edit on your device.

2. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 2 years ago

Hi Woadie. To edit your hub go to your account page, select the Hub you want to edit, and click edit next to that Hub. Or, click on the Hub, and when it comes up click on edit located in the black banner on the top of the hub. I have no idea how to do this mobile. Hope that helps.

3. 60
    Woadie1posted 2 years ago

It seems to me that the mobile version is giving me this problem. So I am thinking that I should bring this up with the IT personnel and/or try from a computer to see the difference.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

You can't do much "nuts and bolts" work on HP on a mobile device. You can read stuff, you can comment on questions/forum posts/etc, but I'm pretty sure that any actual writing or editing work on a Hub needs to be done from an  actual computer.

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

The mobile site is not fully supported.  I don't bother using it for anything other than quick checks of stats or the forum.