jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)

Why is 'Hebrew' considered 'Capitalized' on Hubpages?

1. 74
    ronbarakposted 2 years ago

I created a hub where the text is in Hebrew.
    The hub is flagged for Hub Violations with the reason: Title and/or text of Hub is all capitalized.
    Is there a way to create hubs where the text is in Hebrew, without it being in violation?

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The automatic filters are somewhat crude.  I wrote something once with a lot of numbers and the automatic warning system said my article wasn't in English.  As long as most of your article is written in standard English, you can email the "help" section and human moderator can clear it manually.  If a significant portion of your article is written in a foreign language, it will probably not clear. 

Just follow the yellow brick road here: http://hubpages.com/help-wizard/

Edit: I just looked at your hub and the only English text it contains is in the title, the rest is just photos, so that's probably a no-go.

1. 74
        ronbarakposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the quick reply calculus-geometry.
        The hub in question is documenting a family reunion, and this family speaks Hebrew, so Hebrew is used.

2. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

HubPages only allows Hubs in English.  You can include some Hebrew, but anything in Hebrew also needs to be translated to English. You can also put the Hebrew message in a graphic so that it is not seen as text on the page.  If you do that, you will still need to include an English translation. (I have Hubs with a lot of Hebrew, "Happy Rosh Hashanah " and "Hebrew Letters & the Hebrew Alphabet." You'll notice on those that everything in Hebrew is also translated to English.)

Since your Hub is mostly photos, you might want to change the topic to this one:
      http://hubpages.com/topics/entertainmen … leries/772

Probably adding some more text would help to get it published. (Of course, much more would need to be added if you actually want that one to be featured but I presume that's not your goal for that Hub.)

שלום

1. 74

Thanks for your reply Writer Fox.
        I took your advice and changed the Hebrew text to a PNG, and and also re-classified the hub in Entertainment and Media.
        Let's see if the empty circle will change to a better icon ;-)
        להשתמע.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
          LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This hub will probably  never be featured. You need to make hubs as if you were doing an article. Even if this is a family/personal reunion meant for just a few, it still should resemble something that others would read instead of a "photo album" entry.

Good luck...............................wink

1. Writer Fox profile image81

Photo Galleries are a Topic on HubPages.  For example, here's a featured Hub with no text:
            http://puthappu.hubpages.com/hub/Ranjit … to-Gallery

I forgot about this category.
              However that hub is about an "actress" and some may somehow find it worthy but  the hub spoken about here is or appears to be purely personal and relevant to / of interest to only the family.....I believe that it will be hard for it to garner enough views to be featured or stay featured.

1. Writer Fox profile image81

Well, there are lots of Hubs in that category that aren't about famous people, like this one:
                http://juliansuck.hubpages.com/hub/Hot- … l-Pictures

Some people don't care if some of their Hubs are featured or not. I think the OP just wants his photo album published so his family can see it.

1. 74

"I think the OP just wants his photo album published so his family can see it."
                  (I couldn't phrase it better :-)

lol .........OK then.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

For the same reason(s) which Catholic and Jewish are.

working