jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)

I have received my first Ad sense cheque after 3 years

1. Patkay profile image87
    Patkayposted 2 years ago

I have received my first Google Ad sense check after 3 good years. I do not know why my Blogs and hubs perform so poorly when it comes to Ad sense. Am expecting my second cheque after 3 or  4 years. Any ideas out there what I can do to improve this situation?

1. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations.

Patkayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Barbara Kay

2. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you have a niche blog you need to make sure your topics are well searched. For personal blogs you will hardly get clicks. I am not sure what kind of blog you have so I can't give specific advice.

They are personal blogs, I think that is the reason then.

3. Alison Graham profile image92
      Alison Grahamposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Patkay if you would like to message me, maybe I can help, I have several blogs earning a reasonable amount from Adsense, I am not going to disclose my earnings here - but I get a payout every month

Alison Graham - you might be offended looking at them, they are not the best. However I will contact you. A little help will go a long way. Thanks.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Don't feel bad, in April of this year I'll have been here for three years and last time I checked I've still got a ways to go before I hit the "target" for an AdSense payout. I gave up obsessing about it a long time ago. When it happens, it happens.

That is an encouragement. As long as it is passive income I think I will be patient and wait.

3. gypsumgirl profile image94
    gypsumgirlposted 2 years ago

Patkay - congratulations!  It's great news that you reached such a rare milestone on HP.  As FatFreddysCat said, I'll be happy when it happens...when it happens.  I'm on my third year and have yet to see my first AdSense payout.  Getting a few cents closer every day.  It will be a nice surprise when I get there.

Thanks, I thought my progress was slow now I do not know what to say ...

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago

I used to receive pretty regular payments from Adsense, but that all stopped a couple years ago, and truth be told, I am kind of unhappy about it. I used to get about $100 a month, which was a nice little sum. I saved up the money and used it for trips, and shopping, fun money. Now, I get almost nothing from Adsense, and my HP earnings aren't quite there yet. It is getting better these past few months, so I am hopeful. Congrats on the payout!!

1. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Anna, I have a website that used to earn $300 a month with Adsense. I now struggle some months to earn payout. Last summer there were a few that I didn't. I'm not sure advertisers are using Adsense like they once did.

2. Patkay profile image87

That was quite a good money you were making. Times do change because also for me, there is a time I used to get paid monthly, now it is either 2 or 3. But as you have said, I have noted some improvements too.

5. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Hi Patkay, the way I am going it will take me three years as well, currently making about $4.00 per month. Better than nothing I guess. Good luck.

Jodah: Sure, I now agree it is better than nothing. Thanks for your input.

6. muzzster profile image85
    muzzsterposted 2 years ago

How much do you earn per hub view through hubpages earning program?

@muzzster I used to make over 1 dollar such that I would get a payout every month for HP. But things went haywire last year. Now i make less than a dollar a day.

7. Linkya profile image61
    Linkyaposted 2 years ago

It made me worry too. I have just started HubPage and Google Adsense also other writing stuffs. I wonder how I can earn well form AdSense.

8. WD Curry lll profile image62
    WD Curry lllposted 2 years ago

Sometimes it is sketchy. There are a lot of things that factor in and a lot that can go wrong. I know people with websites outside of this venue who have experienced problems when they know that they should be earning.

The Russian was an ex-KGB agent with cyber espionage background.  http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/video/fbi … s-14918981

9. deecoleworld profile image84
    deecoleworldposted 2 years ago

Congratz on receiving a check!!! smile .... I'm newish on here I haven't received my first payout yet (nowhere near close). Even so, maybe you need to expand your topics (such as cooking, electronics, etc.), I'm thinking about doing how-tos and seasonal topics, maybe you can do that too.

You're from Kenya right? Maybe you can do a hub, on the top visitor/tourists spots of Kenya, or talk about Kenyan food or its history. Spice your hubpages up smile Good luck!!

10. grand old lady profile image89
    grand old ladyposted 2 years ago

Congratulatios! I may be on a similar timeline, if not longer, the way I'm going. But I love HP and love browsing through hubs and learning new things every day. I will stop by your blog and see what you're writing. Keep it up.

working