jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Hubpages banned from propeller?

1. Great finds profile image60
    Great findsposted 7 years ago

I tried submitting one of my hubs, said "This domain has been banned for the following reason: "This domain has been banned for spam content.""

Tried submitting hubpages.com and wouldn't you know it, it gave me the same thing.

Is it just me, or is hubpages really banned from propeller?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

It's true.  Too many Hub authors violated Propeller's TOS.

To read more about what sort of content is supposed to be submitted to Propeller, you can read http://www.propeller.com/faq/

3. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 7 years ago

It's banned. I think Hubpages has been banned from Propeller for ages. My personal opinion is that sites like Propeller, Digg, Netscape, Reddit, Stumbleupon, etc. were not designed for self-submission and self-promotion. They were designed for pointing out cool stuff that you find while wandering the internet.

Most of us rarely have the perspective needed to tell whether our own material is awesome or lame, so self-submission generally results in the watering down of the quality of material on those types of sites. And entire domains wind up getting banned for spamming.

1. ANDR01D profile image97
      ANDR01Dposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Exactly right. Social Bookmarking is for readers to do, and not the authors, unfortunately.

4. Great finds profile image60
    Great findsposted 7 years ago

Yeah but why is blogspot not banned? smile

Besides fear of the almighty G, they should know blogspot has way more spam.