change a url

1. 56
    hondo921posted 2 years ago

I recently published a hub in which I included the name of the offer that I was promoting. I never got around to monetizing it but have subsequently found that Google is giving me some traffic. The terms of the offer specifically state that I cannot have the product name in my URL. My question is how can I go about changing the URL of the hub without losing what I have gained with Google. Obviously I can just delete the hub and republish the information on another one but how badly will this hurt me. I've done no back linking that all for this hub so it seems as though Google must've liked what I've written. I'm new to this so any advice be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I believe that your only option is to unpublish that Hub -do not Delete it.
      Then alter a few words in the title and start a new Hub. Copy/paste your content from the old one to the new one and check everything as usual.
      After the new on has been featured and you are sure it is okay, then you can delete the old one - or save it to your personal files if you wold rather.

Others may know better about this, but I believe that it is correct.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can't change the URL, so your only option is to delete the Hub, I'm afraid.  However if you've gained traffic that quickly without promotion, the new Hub will be able to do it again.