jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Adsense Rules - Re: Birds and Bees.

1. Moon Daisy profile image84
    Moon Daisyposted 2 years ago

Hi, I just read one of psychskinner's replies on another thread where she says that one of the Adsense requirements is no sex (-related stuff).  I was kind of aware of this as I was asked to remove the ads from one of my hubs about sex.  However, it was about talking to children about how babies are made, rather than anything R-rated!  Is Adsense not able to distinguish between adult content and birds-and-bees? 

Sorry if that's a really naive question.  I'm just interested in how this works, and whether it might be worth appealing against the no sex-rule in the case of my hub.

photo credit: treesha duncan on flickr creative commons.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I want to hear the response to this as well. I am very confused about their stance on the issue. smile

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Here is the policy from their site.
      https://support.google.com/adsense/answ … 7&rd=1

1. Moon Daisy profile image84
        Moon Daisyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you all for your replies. 

Matthew, thanks a lot for posting the Adsense policy.  The only category that my hub could fit into really is "Adult Content", although telling children about the facts of life doesn't really fit with what comes to my mind when I hear the phrase adult content..

However, the site states as a guide, "If your site has content which you wouldn't be comfortable viewing at work or with family members around then it probably isn't an appropriate site for Google ads", and I suppose some people may consider talking to children about sex to be uncomfortable viewing, although of course that's a matter of opinion.  But I can see that Google are probably erring on the side of caution here, and I understand more about why it may fall into this category.